This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy a 780 now or wait till 790 / 800 series?

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Buy a 780 now or wait till 790 / 800 series?
2 years ago#11
I wonder if the 750ti would make a good dedicated physx card. =D
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
2 years ago#12
I am waiting for 800 series or newer cards (Titan Black ect.)

Main reason? Vram. The 780ti is enticing but I am now downsampling from 1800p and preparing for 4k res. 3GB is just not enough and is the one true bottleneck of that very powerful card. I will not buy a new GPU until I can get a high end card with at least 5GB Vram.... 2 other requirements. 1) it has to be Nvidia 2) I'm not paying almost $1000 for a Titan.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
2 years ago#13
The BEST thing to do is to OC the hell out of your CPU and video card then have it die on you by the time the 800 series come out.

You will want a new mobo anyways to take advanage of PCI-3 with the 800 series which might have better advantage of the bandiwdth
2 years ago#14
Dionex247 posted...
The BEST thing to do is to OC the hell out of your CPU and video card then have it die on you by the time the 800 series come out.


Or not, and just sell it when the time comes. Better to make $20 (TC could get more) on the card then kill it. Or, just keep it as a backup card.

Either option is preferable to what you suggested.
---
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
2 years ago#15
MasterDonGero posted...
Dionex247 posted...
The BEST thing to do is to OC the hell out of your CPU and video card then have it die on you by the time the 800 series come out.


Or not, and just sell it when the time comes. Better to make $20 (TC could get more) on the card then kill it. Or, just keep it as a backup card.

Either option is preferable to what you suggested.


I usually give my cast-offs to my parents :)
2 years ago#16
there is *always* something better coming. Even if you wait for the 790, There will be something newer coming and you'll be in the same position. Wait, or buy now.

Just buy the 780.
2 years ago#17
Rapscallion84 posted...
MasterDonGero posted...
Dionex247 posted...
The BEST thing to do is to OC the hell out of your CPU and video card then have it die on you by the time the 800 series come out.


Or not, and just sell it when the time comes. Better to make $20 (TC could get more) on the card then kill it. Or, just keep it as a backup card.

Either option is preferable to what you suggested.


I usually give my cast-offs to my parents :)


Another option preferable to killing your parts.
---
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Buy a 780 now or wait till 790 / 800 series?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived