This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Build a PC that will match these graphics for $400

#21KingDFizzlePosted 2/18/2014 7:16:08 PM
Oh look, the "What's that? You can't build a PC as powerful as a PS4 for $400? LOLOLOL" troll post again. How shockingly original.

You'd think the consolists would be busy playing their new systems. I guess Knack gets boring the 38th time through.
#22triple sPosted 2/18/2014 7:23:15 PM
I spent $1,000 in the past week on my 780 TI and 1440p monitor....how many PS4's does it take to match that quality?
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#23JKatarnPosted 2/18/2014 7:33:33 PM
For one thing, component makers/system builders usually don't sell their items at a loss, making up said loss on software sales/developer license cost like consoles (very different markets), for another, while nice looking, there's nothing really astounding about those graphics (from a technology standpoint, though if your only frame of reference is the PS3/360, then yeah, I imagine that would look amazing). There's also the fact that the framerate as seen when the character is aiming seems pretty iffy (then again, could be beta build).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#24JKatarnPosted 2/18/2014 7:36:00 PM
DontNou posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DontNou posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DontNou posted...
Damn, so with $400 its not possible?

It is. It's just a very poor value. Much better to invest the extra in a solid gaming machine with the trimmings.

Would you be able to help me out with picking that out? I need windows too, of course.

If you need windows, don't count on it, since that's already a quarter of your budget. If you need a display and all the peripherals as well, that's pretty much the rest of it.

It cant be done? That sucks.

Keep in mind, a computer can do many other things, and run several games/applications concurrently. A console is solely for media consumption, and of course the sales prices of console titles are typically nowhere near PC digital storefronts, unless you buy a used launch game years after the launch of a console.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#25JKatarnPosted 2/18/2014 7:38:00 PM
DontNou posted...
Sure, any $5 PS2 RPG has more content than all those combined.

Yes, because 100+ hours of grinding is the same as ~50+ hours of unique content.
---
#26ForTheHorde117Posted 2/18/2014 7:42:38 PM
See you managed to pose a legitimate question until you came out with the "Hurr any ps2 RPG content gameplay console master race *tips fedora* ".

Now it's just obvious that you're a 15 year old console fanboy that can't convince mommy to shell out an extra $200 bucks so you can go play DayZ or minecraft or BF4 or nude modded Skyrim while drooling at 60fps and annoying the s*** out of real gamers who don't care if you prefer ps4, PC, or Ouya.

Go back to PSN and BF4 at half the image quality where we don't have to hear your garbage. Crappy troll attempt is crappy.
---
Miyamoto or Kojima? Aren't those video game girls from Dead or Alive?-sexydude16
#27Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 2/18/2014 8:17:20 PM
Goddammit you guys, if someone had just pointed out the fact that a PS4 is actually over $400 after considering pay walls in the first reply, we could have nipped this sorry topic in the bud. This is why we can't have nice things
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html