This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Western Digital repair internal laptop HDD's for the PS3 for a fee?

#11DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/19/2014 9:00:09 AM
HakuMan111386 posted...
Skul_ posted...
HakuMan111386 posted...
Treason686 posted...
Physically repairing a hard disk can be laborious and extremely expensive (Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of dollars). Unless there's something invaluable on that HDD, it's best to go get a new one.

As for it being a PS3 drive, I doubt they would warranty it directly. And, even if they did, there's likely nothing in the warranty terms that states that you will have your data saved and the same drive sent back. It will likely just be a blank refurb.

Well I have my data backed up. I just wonder if they will let me send the HDD to them without a receipt and I can pay them a fee to repair it.

If that's even possible, of course. I didn't buy mine directly from the company. It was a new HDD through someone on Amazon.

If there is a warranty or anything theyll replace it, they would never repair it. They could send you 5 new ones for less than the cost of repairing it.

I see. What are the chances of them sending me a replacement if I lost the receipts or papers from when I bought it? It's been since last May when I purchased it and it malfunctioned in January of this month.

If you don't have proof of purchase, you probably won't get any support. Only way to find out is to contact WD and request assistance.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79