This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how good is titanfall?

#11revolverPosted 2/18/2014 1:23:38 PM
KillerTruffle posted...

So what really sets Titanfall apart?

The on foot gunplay feels a lot like cod. I jumped in my first match and killed 4 guys off the bat. That said, being able to parkour around the map with the wall running/double jumping and having mech battle come into play definitely separate it from the rest. Your mech has it's own loadout with missle and heavy guns, and when your mech is about to die you can eject yourself high into the air and strategically land elsewhere on the map. It's all pretty fast paced and crazy, and I really can't compare it with anything else except at a fundamental level.

It's not worth $60 to me as I'm more of a sp gamer but I'll be picking it up some time down the road. Definitely better for a mech fix than hawken IMO.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#12youngfossilPosted 2/18/2014 1:25:10 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
DerPancake posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
What makes it actually different from every other military shooter on the market right now? I'm not terribly interested in "Call of Battlefield Honor 9000" or anything. And the mech gameplay seems less mech-like and more like just an oversized soldier with lots of health/armor in terms of physics. They don't actually *move* like giant machines in any of the gameplay videos I've seen.

Parkour

Mirror's Edge. Assassin's Creed. Brink. Throwing parkour into a military game doesn't really do it for me, and there are plenty of other parkour games out there.

Every game you buy has something new in it? I have a feeling no matter what is said about the game you wont like it... so why ask?
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#13KillerTrufflePosted 2/18/2014 1:26:03 PM
So the mechs are pretty much like BF vehicles, except they're as mobile as regular infantry, and you can eject before you die and keep fighting on foot?

Still not convinced it's enough to interest me and really set it apart from all the other dime-a-dozen military shooters these days... Debating even trying to get a beta copy.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#14Orestes417Posted 2/18/2014 1:27:55 PM
Has Jake-sf kidnapped the real killertruffle and locked him in a closet? I certainly hope so because you obtuseness is leading me to want to smite you with an IBM model M
---
Not looking for an ending to make the pieces fit
Need is always pending on how much you can get
#15DerPancakePosted 2/18/2014 1:28:05 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
DerPancake posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
What makes it actually different from every other military shooter on the market right now? I'm not terribly interested in "Call of Battlefield Honor 9000" or anything. And the mech gameplay seems less mech-like and more like just an oversized soldier with lots of health/armor in terms of physics. They don't actually *move* like giant machines in any of the gameplay videos I've seen.

Parkour

Mirror's Edge. Assassin's Creed. Brink. Throwing parkour into a military game doesn't really do it for me, and there are plenty of other parkour games out there.

farming
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#16KillerTrufflePosted 2/18/2014 1:31:43 PM
youngfossil posted...
Every game you buy has something new in it? I have a feeling no matter what is said about the game you wont like it... so why ask?

Not necessarily, but it's nice when they at least combine/use things in a new way. Although in terms of online play, even that doesn't necessarily mean anything, since BF2 actually DID do something relatively new, and the online community said "f*** that" and went on using third-party chat programs, teamkilling, and all that other nonsense.

I guess what I'm looking for is something that's *not* just another CoD/Battlefield clone.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#17Ch3wyPosted 2/18/2014 1:32:58 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
youngfossil posted...

Not necessarily, but it's nice when they at least combine/use things in a new way. Although in terms of online play, even that doesn't necessarily mean anything, since BF2 actually DID do something relatively new, and the online community said "f*** that" and went on using third-party chat programs, teamkilling, and all that other nonsense.

I guess what I'm looking for is something that's *not* just another CoD/Battlefield clone.

You can try Titanfall I heard that's not a CoD/BF clone.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#18revolverPosted 2/18/2014 1:33:20 PM
Hey KillerTruffle checks your pms I sent you a beta code....I think it will redeem.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#19WerdnAndreWPosted 2/18/2014 1:39:19 PM
Seemed alright to me but I still can't get over the 6v6. Which is why I'll buy it when its $10 <_<
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#20KarnRX78Posted 2/18/2014 1:41:51 PM
It is a fun game, but not worth $60 for me.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.