This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how good is titanfall?

#41mikewu1Posted 2/18/2014 3:56:37 PM
Its really great. But it is a beta and lmited content. can't wait for release.
#42Edavy89Posted 2/18/2014 4:00:50 PM
The beta is incredibly limited, and i'm still having fun with it. the mechs are pretty cool, because you can get in to them and use them like a vehicle, but they can also be set to follow you as closely as they can and support you, or to defend an objective, in which case they are AI controlled. Also, the nature of the game and the way it plays, camping isn't something I've really noticed at all. All in all, especially for a beta, the big selling point for me, is just that it's FUN to play. A lot of shooters i've found, tend to make me a bit on the agitated side when certain things happen, especially the more realistic-ish shooters like battlefield and COD. I don't get that in this game. And i really enjoy the pacing.

Whether it's worth 60, I can't say until I see the full game. They have said the beta is VERY limited calling it a "sliver of the full game". So, it will largely depend on just how true it is, and exactly what else is entailed in the "full" game. As well as how all the added things in the "full" game effect things balance wise.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#43Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/18/2014 4:05:58 PM
I'm having fun with it and have played about 5-6 hours at beta level cap, but It's not worth a day one buy for me. I'll snag it at 50%.

The problem to me is that while it's fun to pick up and play, the mechanics are very very shallow and there are a lot of things I don't like. Every time I find myself doing last titan standing, I ask myself why i'm not just playing hawken instead.

I would buy it day 1 if it had FFA mode with no titans and just was basically parkour FFA. The mech's handling is probably the biggest disappointment to me. The parkour and on foot is the best aspect, and the gunplay and bots are resoundingly meh.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#44mithoschapterPosted 2/18/2014 4:08:59 PM
DerPancake posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
What makes it actually different from every other military shooter on the market right now? I'm not terribly interested in "Call of Battlefield Honor 9000" or anything. And the mech gameplay seems less mech-like and more like just an oversized soldier with lots of health/armor in terms of physics. They don't actually *move* like giant machines in any of the gameplay videos I've seen.

So what really sets Titanfall apart?

Parkour

---
Tmansandlin on Steam and Origin. Proud owner of a Ducky.
3DS FC: 4914-3665-4608
#45thebladeofwoePosted 2/18/2014 4:10:01 PM
rusty12000 posted...
I liked it wayyyy more then I ever expected and i went in with a negative attitude. But i must give credit where it is due, nice work EA.

this^^^^

I have now pre-ordered it because I F***ing love the game, me and my gaming buddy think this is epic and awesome AND worth the money.

nice one to Respawn Entertainment for a pretty new endeavour.. lets hope it doesn't get rehashed a trillon times eh.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
Fc 3969-4396-9870
#46sonicteam2k1Posted 2/18/2014 4:12:29 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
DerPancake posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
What makes it actually different from every other military shooter on the market right now? I'm not terribly interested in "Call of Battlefield Honor 9000" or anything. And the mech gameplay seems less mech-like and more like just an oversized soldier with lots of health/armor in terms of physics. They don't actually *move* like giant machines in any of the gameplay videos I've seen.

So what really sets Titanfall apart?

Parkour

Mirror's Edge. Assassin's Creed. Brink. Throwing parkour into a military game doesn't really do it for me, and there are plenty of other parkour games out there.

I do't remember being able to double jump and call in a huge ass robot. The game is a shooter, yeah we get it. but the way it puts things together makes it feel new and fresh. I did not once get a COD vibe. I actually expected that when first playing it and was kinda disappointed, but once i started playing it, and realized it was different I started to enjoy it.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#47KillerTrufflePosted 2/18/2014 4:32:47 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I do't remember being able to double jump and call in a huge ass robot. The game is a shooter, yeah we get it. but the way it puts things together makes it feel new and fresh. I did not once get a COD vibe. I actually expected that when first playing it and was kinda disappointed, but once i started playing it, and realized it was different I started to enjoy it.

That's more what I'm looking for - like I said. They don't have to necessarily include "something new" - just put it together in a way that makes it fresh. CoD and Battlefield are horribly stale.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#48calcyclePosted 2/18/2014 4:33:21 PM
I like rodeoing titans because it reminds me of Mechassault 2.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#49Edavy89Posted 2/18/2014 5:12:54 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

That's more what I'm looking for - like I said. They don't have to necessarily include "something new" - just put it together in a way that makes it fresh. CoD and Battlefield are horribly stale.

Someone else said this in another topic, and I don't remember who it was but I like the way he phrased it.
"Everything in Titanfall has been done before, Its just never been done in the same game before". in a sense, they took a lot of solid game aspects from other games, and stuck them all together. Nothing in the game is new, or revolutionary, but the way they put it together does give the game its own feel.

Another thing I like, is that it adds a lot more room for skill to impact gameplay. I saw a guy the other day jumping from one wall run to another across the street, all while shooting people running below him. It's kind of like Arena shooter meets realistic shooter, and they make a baby.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#50jake-sfPosted 2/18/2014 5:14:33 PM(edited)
Its just that I still want to cut the modern/realistic shooter part off of that baby with a hot knife.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/