This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i5 4570s?

#1staticxtreme5Posted 2/18/2014 5:41:45 PM
What's the deal with the "s" processors? I read they are more power efficient, but I wonder if they are still ok for gaming? I'd like the cut down on power consumption, so it sounds like a good deal, since that will help mitigate heat some as well. Anyone have any experience with these processors?
#2ShubPosted 2/18/2014 5:45:15 PM
They are fine for gaming. In terms of power consumption though, you're wasting your time, the difference is tiny when evaluated over a year, even if you ran it at 100% 24/7. If you want to cut down on heat, that's another matter.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 6:09:59 PM
Cool, yeah I actually meant heat more than power. Would it realistically run much cooler or is it negligible? I'm wanting to build a really small form factor case, so cooling may be a bit of a problem to start, so anything I can do to keep the components cooler would be worthwhile.
#4ShubPosted 2/18/2014 6:14:13 PM
You should be able to keep it under 60C at full load with a decent aftermarket cooler. Of course a decent aftermarket cooler might not fit depending on the case you use.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.