This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not really the best spot i suppose but need advice. Internet issues.

#1TentanmanPosted 2/18/2014 10:22:09 PM(edited)
So, moved into a new place. ping is 34, download is 19.83, upload is 1.54.

Everything was working great, had like 5 people over and we all played computer games together. Now all the sudden my connection seems inconsistent. Every time i check my speed, its fine. But when i play anything online i'm teleporting all over the place. I don't even want to play video games anymore because its obnoxious. It just started doing this recently, and my roommate says he hasn't encountered any big problems. I've rebooted my router and everything.

I'll be playing realm reborn and all of the sudden everyone just stops and it says my receiving data is 0, and a few seconds later pick up again like normal. Its frustrating especially when i'm in the middle of a fight as a tank and my team get wiped.

Not really super tech savvy, so anyone have any ideas?
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 2/18/2014 10:25:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3pitt12177Posted 2/18/2014 10:28:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4fataliPosted 2/18/2014 10:28:42 PM
Are you the only one using your internet connection?

Does it happen when doing other things online, like watching videos. Or only when you play?
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#5Tentanman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 10:32:38 PM
fatali posted...

Does it happen when doing other things online, like watching videos. Or only when you play?

Only when i play games. Videos and everything are immediate, even when i stream in 1080p. Its literally just started happening when i play games like Realm Reborn and Smite.

and thanks, other posters. i'm not THAT dumb.
---
BRING BACK CRASH BANDICOOT!
#6pitt12177Posted 2/18/2014 10:34:20 PM
Tentanman posted...
fatali posted...

Only when i play games. Videos and everything are immediate, even when i stream in 1080p. Its literally just started happening when i play games like Realm Reborn and Smite.

and thanks, other posters. i'm not THAT dumb.

I believe your internet provider is trying to tell you that 3rd world country MMOs are bad for your health.
#7AceFan84Posted 2/19/2014 9:17:57 AM(edited)
I just had a very similar problem recently and it ended up being a setting on my new Netgear Nighthawk router. When I had the Quality of Service (QoS) on for downloads it made warping in Online games a HUGE issue, rendering the games unplayable. But is was so confusing because my ping was good and my pc was more than enough for the games I was playing. I swapped out the Nighthawk router for my old Linksys one and the problem disappeared so I knew something was up on the Netgear.

Anyways the problem was solved as soon as I disabled the QoS on downloads and has been perfect ever since. So if you have a router with QoS check your settings on that.
---
Now Playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U), Team Fortress 2 (PC), Battlefield 4 (Xbox One)