This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgraded windows. Problems. Please help :(

#1Figure09Posted 2/19/2014 1:07:56 AM
So I reinstalled winodws because i had issues with my PC but when I try and run the Titanfall beta now it just immediately loads the "had your Titanfill" popup as if I closed the game.

It seems I'm having other small issues like not being able to upgrade Internet explorer also. Overall it seems like the operating system is giving me problems now.

I'm thinking of doing a clean install but I'm curious what will this actually erase? Will I have to worry about anything malfunctioning like video cards or anything. Also if anyone has an idea of what could be happening any advice would be great.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0946-3552-1822
TSV: 3050 IGN: Mondo
#2LootmanPosted 2/19/2014 1:12:56 AM(edited)
If you're having problems upgrading Internet Explorer, this must mean you have a problem with downloads since you can't upgrade to Chrome.
---
\(._.)/ Hi, my name is Lootman!
._.)/ http://i.imgur.com/KyOOLwU.jpg
#3Figure09(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 1:16:35 AM
Lootman posted...
If you're having problems upgrading Internet Explorer, this must mean you have a problem with downloads since you can't upgrade to Chrome.

Blah blah lol seriously though is there anything to worry about as far as clean installs go? I feel not having done one is causing the issues now. As if it may be trying to load the game from the previous OS.
---
#4SnadadosPosted 2/19/2014 1:22:12 AM
What data you lose from reinstalling Windows depends on your setup.
Reinstalling Windows usually wipes what ever drive it is installed to so if you only have 1 hard drive then you're going to want to back up any important data before hand.
If you have multiple hard drives the data on the other drives should be okay, but you may have to reinstall any programs you installed to those other drives.

Also, be sure to download copies of your motherboard's drivers before hand as you'll need to reinstall them as well.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#5Figure09(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 1:25:24 AM
Snadados posted...
What data you lose from reinstalling Windows depends on your setup.
Reinstalling Windows usually wipes what ever drive it is installed to so if you only have 1 hard drive then you're going to want to back up any important data before hand.
If you have multiple hard drives the data on the other drives should be okay, but you may have to reinstall any programs you installed to those other drives.

Also, be sure to download copies of your motherboard's drivers before hand as you'll need to reinstall them as well.

What about video card drivers and such? I think I still have my mother board disc but the others I don't.
---
#6SnadadosPosted 2/19/2014 1:34:04 AM
You'll have to reinstall video drivers as well but you shouldn't need to download those before hand as there should be some basic video drivers on Windows already that'll work well enough to let you install your browser of choice and download the drivers then, though downloading them before hand isn't a bad idea just to be safe.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?