This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ok umm... question, folks.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ok umm... question, folks.

User Info: CloneTheHero

CloneTheHero
3 years ago#1
Console fanboy here looking to make the jump to PC.

Just bought a pc on the cheap was wondering if this was good for gaming... I gather it is and that I just need a good gpu, also I'm pretty sure it's at 300w of power, so in order to get a decent mid range gpu I'll probably need to upgrade the psu?

Intel i5-3350P (3.10 ghz)

8gb RAM

1TB HDD (7200rpm)

intel hd graphics
Currently Playing: Uncharted 3 (PS3), Shenmue (DC), Silver (DC)

User Info: eddy1nsane

eddy1nsane
3 years ago#2
750 ti or uprgade PSupply and get a better card.
God created the world, everything else are made in China

User Info: CloneTheHero

CloneTheHero
3 years ago#3
eddy1nsane posted...
750 ti or uprgade PSupply and get a better card.

750 ti huh? Thanks man, I'll give that a looksie.
Currently Playing: Uncharted 3 (PS3), Shenmue (DC), Silver (DC)

User Info: samuraigaiden

samuraigaiden
3 years ago#4
Intel HD graphics will get you nowhere. You need a dedicated GPU to be play most PC games (even old ones).

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#5
samuraigaiden posted...
Intel HD graphics will get you nowhere. You need a dedicated GPU to be play most PC games (even old ones).

Come out of your cave, it's 2014. Integrated GPUs are fine. That being said, TC has an i5-3350P and that doesn't have an integrated GPU. TC, grab a 750 Ti and you'll be set.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 years ago#6
r0ge00 posted...
samuraigaiden posted...

Come out of your cave, it's 2014. Integrated GPUs are fine. That being said, TC has an i5-3350P and that doesn't have an integrated GPU. TC, grab a 750 Ti and you'll be set.

Yeah com out of your cave and listen to this guy.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#7
CloneTheHero posted...
intel hd graphics

This does not compute at all... guessing you don't have a 3350P or you don't have Intel HD Graphics -- Intel HD Graphics only comes integrated with the CPU these days, and a 3350P doesn't have integrated graphics. Anyway, if it's some prebuilt computer from HP or whatever, just get a good ~$150 video card and you should be in business.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: smelly_boob

smelly_boob
3 years ago#8
Shub posted...
CloneTheHero posted...
intel hd graphics

This does not compute at all... guessing you don't have a 3350P or you don't have Intel HD Graphics -- Intel HD Graphics only comes integrated with the CPU these days, and a 3350P doesn't have integrated graphics. Anyway, if it's some prebuilt computer from HP or whatever, just get a good ~$150 video card and you should be in business.

750 Ti gets you decent performance and uses way less power than most other cards... so perfect for a pre-built that most likely has a 300 watt power supply... it would be best if you could find info on the power supply to verify it can handle a videocard before you go frying your system

User Info: elitelmo

elitelmo
3 years ago#9
r0ge00 posted...
samuraigaiden posted...

Hydreigoon: Are you seriously tipping? The only thing that you should be tipping is your fedora
http://i.imgur.com/fQ2gXik.gif

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#10
elitelmo posted...
r0ge00 posted...
samuraigaiden posted...

Intel HD 4600 can play Crysis 3 at 30fps 720p.
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ok umm... question, folks.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived