This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Youtube: Don't show recommended video on user home page

#1stalker_sanPosted 2/19/2014 7:08:38 AM
Hi!

I'm looking for a way to remove the "Recommended Videos" section from the Youtube start page. I just want to see my subscriptions, not that **** Youtube thinks I'm interested in. Is there any way to do this without deleting my history?

Youtube is extremely confusing now, especially with the forced Google+ BS. I remember back in the days, you could easily change and customize that page.
#2Jprime666Posted 2/19/2014 7:27:30 AM
My main complaint is that it's spoiled a few games for me. Just because I wanted to see some gameplay doesn't mean you need to start plastering final boss fights all over my front page YouTube!
---
Zvarri!
#3PerpetualPanikPosted 2/19/2014 7:46:34 AM
Theres a chrome extension i use called "Youtube Subscriptions as Default Page 1.1.4" it really helped me lessen the youtube rage, especially once i forgot the homepage ever existed.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz / 1.41v | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | ASUS GTX TITAN
#4Rolen47Posted 2/19/2014 12:12:55 PM
The Youtube Center Grease Monkey script might have an option to remove recommended videos.
#5desertmanPosted 2/19/2014 12:49:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions

Just bookmark this page.
---
about:robots
about:mozilla
#6stalker_san(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:54:34 PM(edited)
@PerpetualPanik: Firefox user here.

@Rolen47: Thanks, I'll try it.

@desertman: Yeah, but if I press the upper left Youtube banner, it still takes me to the homepage, and not to my subscriptions!
#7Dark973Posted 2/19/2014 1:55:36 PM
stalker_san posted...

@desertman: Yeah, but if I press the upper left Youtube banner, it still takes me to the homepage, and not to my subscriptions!

If you are going that far, why not drop down an inch and click 'my subscriptions'?
#8stalker_san(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 3:15:14 PM
Dark973 posted...
stalker_san posted...

If you are going that far, why not drop down an inch and click 'my subscriptions'?

Additional mouseclick needed. This is completely unacceptable!