This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Doom 4 now just called Doom, beta access included with Wolfenstein pre orders

#31crimsonclaw111Posted 2/19/2014 2:06:30 PM
LOLIAmAnAlt posted...
But on another note, what's this new wolfenstein?
I am interested...

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKXIcclBjE0

Game looks good, id Tech 5 looks good. Hoping game is good. Also, the beta doesn't look like it comes with digital preorders... what a farce.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390
#32biohazard1775Posted 2/19/2014 2:27:57 PM
Bethesda plz
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#33JKatarnPosted 2/19/2014 3:37:13 PM
jake-sf posted...
JKatarn posted...

Except like it or not, graphics are what sell games/systems, they could dial back the model detail/ effects etc., and have larger swarms of enemies, but then you'd just have people opting to buy the 10,000 other FPS titles on the market with shinier graphics. Not that I agree with that, but that's the market.

I think Minecraft has straight up proven that this is a lie. If developers accepted that they were developing for a more niche audience and also accepted using smaller budgets and smaller returns, then they would find a lot of possibilities opened to them and potential for money.

But gaming has become more of a business and almost never an art. Making anything in "art" is a risk and nobody is willing to take risks anymore, and when they are, they throw millions at it thinking that solves the problems, and even most of those games are hardly successful.

Its a big, stupid lie they're living in.

True, there are exceptions to the rule, though in Minecraft's case people overlooked the (default) simple graphics because the overall game was so novel and addictive, if you're releasing a title in a crowded genre, like an FPS title, and it doesn't do something incredibly unique or unprecedented, it better look good or "Joe Sixpack" will just buy "CoD MW 300".
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES