This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody that knows SQL and Access can help me out?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody that knows SQL and Access can help me out?
1 year ago#1
So I have to create a computed field for a true or false value telling whether a student in a list is registered or not registered. I have to use the IIF function.

This is what I have.

Overall Rating Query: IIf([STUDENTS]![Is Registered]=False,[auditing],[registered])

The problem is that Access keeps asking me to put in the parameter values for auditing and registered. I want Access to automatically have auditing and registered as the values in the database.

What do I do to fix this
1 year ago#2
FYI that's not SQL, it's just Access functions. Sorry I can't help though, my Access days are long gone. I know exactly what you're talking about but I don't remember enough to be useful.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
1 year ago#3
Have you tried replacing the brackets around [auditing] and [registered] with double quotes, e.g. "auditing", "registered"?

The double quotes will make the values literal strings while brackets can indicate a field reference.
1 year ago#4
UberLurker posted...
Have you tried replacing the brackets around [auditing] and [registered] with double quotes, e.g. "auditing", "registered"?

The double quotes will make the values literal strings while brackets can indicate a field reference.

Yes it worked! Thanks a lot. Was trying to figure this out for a while now.
1 year ago#5
Oh, that's what you wanted to do... I guess I misunderstood.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody that knows SQL and Access can help me out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived