This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody that knows SQL and Access can help me out?

#1Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 2/19/2014 9:23:44 AM
So I have to create a computed field for a true or false value telling whether a student in a list is registered or not registered. I have to use the IIF function.

This is what I have.

Overall Rating Query: IIf([STUDENTS]![Is Registered]=False,[auditing],[registered])

The problem is that Access keeps asking me to put in the parameter values for auditing and registered. I want Access to automatically have auditing and registered as the values in the database.

What do I do to fix this
#2ShubPosted 2/19/2014 9:30:14 AM
FYI that's not SQL, it's just Access functions. Sorry I can't help though, my Access days are long gone. I know exactly what you're talking about but I don't remember enough to be useful.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3UberLurkerPosted 2/19/2014 9:30:58 AM
Have you tried replacing the brackets around [auditing] and [registered] with double quotes, e.g. "auditing", "registered"?

The double quotes will make the values literal strings while brackets can indicate a field reference.
#4Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 9:35:16 AM
UberLurker posted...
Have you tried replacing the brackets around [auditing] and [registered] with double quotes, e.g. "auditing", "registered"?

The double quotes will make the values literal strings while brackets can indicate a field reference.

Yes it worked! Thanks a lot. Was trying to figure this out for a while now.
#5ShubPosted 2/19/2014 9:36:49 AM
Oh, that's what you wanted to do... I guess I misunderstood.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.