This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows this build?

#11PhilOnDezPosted 2/19/2014 9:53:34 AM
Only real changes I'd make would be spending an extra $4 on a B85 chipset board (it's a bit more premium) and just going ahead and getting a full 4570. I almost picked up a comparable ivy bridge part because I was worried about heat in my small case but ended up going 3570k and I was able to OC to 4.4 on a low profile cooler before heat became an issue. I doubt the 300 MHz between the two is going to make much of a difference but I haven't looked at numbers. As long as you game with vsync/frame limits it shouldn't have to work too hard. They do have the same turbo clock so there's probably not as big a difference between them as I'm making it out to be in my head but I figured I'd toss in my 2.

As for B85 over H81, I'd definitely recommend that for as little extra as it would cost you, or instead just get a single stick of 8gb ram so you have the option to add more later because H81 doesn't support dual channel while B85 does. Like with the 4570 vs 4570s, dual vs single channel isn't a big deal but to me it would be worth the $4, or the few extra dollars to get a single 8gb stick vs 2x4 and still have the option to add another stick of whatever size on down the line.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#12staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 10:05:49 AM
Thanks for the input, I did swap the motherboard to the chipset you recommended. That's why I asked earlier, because I don't know much about the differences with the chipsets and which is better / worse. As you said, its only $4, so I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I also changed the RAM to a single 8gb stick, which also only cost $4.

I will probably leave the 4570s processor in my build though, I know the 4570 isn't much more money either, but I feel that it should run cooler with its 65w TDP vs the 84w TDP of the standard. I honestly can't say I know a ton about processors either, so maybe I am overthinking the difference in heat these two processors will have, but I am wanting to cut every degree I can realistically cut. If it really is next to nothing though, maybe I should just go with the standard...