This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does a person really need anything better than 60 fps?

#1TaiChiMosesPosted 2/19/2014 10:13:48 AM
I was considering getting a 144hz monitor but 60fps looks fine the way it is. Is there a noticeable difference?
---
Not changing this until the Vikings make it to the Super Bowl - started 4/18/13
#2SinisterSlayPosted 2/19/2014 10:14:28 AM
Your p****s feels longer.

That's about it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3ShubPosted 2/19/2014 10:14:33 AM
Yes, there definitely is a difference. Do you need it? That's up to you.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4Combo MasterPosted 2/19/2014 10:28:35 AM
Yes there is a difference but imo only really matters playing fps games. You have to be getting very low ping and hope no one isn't cheating though or what's the point.
---
Combo Master
#5PhilOnDezPosted 2/19/2014 10:59:02 AM
It would matter more for competitive FPS in a LAN setting to gain every bit of response you can get over looking better. I haven't seen a 120/144hz IPS monitor but personally I know I'd take a 60hz IPS monitor over 144hz TN. If I could get a 144hz gsync IPS monitor that's definitely something I'd consider but I doubt it would be worth the massive sum it would cost.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6KamenRiderBladePosted 2/19/2014 11:11:16 AM
PhilOnDez posted...
It would matter more for competitive FPS in a LAN setting to gain every bit of response you can get over looking better. I haven't seen a 120/144hz IPS monitor but personally I know I'd take a 60hz IPS monitor over 144hz TN. If I could get a 144hz gsync IPS monitor that's definitely something I'd consider but I doubt it would be worth the massive sum it would cost.

http://gaming.eizo.com/products/foris_fg2421/

24" Eizo FORIS FG2421 120 Hz MVA panel

1920 x 1080

From all the reviews I've read about this, the price is reasonable for the quality of panel that you get.

Eizo is really known for super professional monitors used by those who need maximum accuracy / performance, and they've decided to get into gaming monitors.

The color reproduction, the high 120 Hz refresh rate, and the wide viewing angle makes this the closest you're going to get to a high end panel that is 120 Hz.
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'