This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

700 bucks to blow on a few parts What do?

#11crawdad(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:31:31 PM
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
I prefer EVGA brand myself. They do have superclocked versions of the card for a bit more money or you could overclock it yourself.

EVGA sells the referenced blower design which blows air out of the back of you case but the card generally runs hotter..

They also have the ACX cooler version, it does keep the card cooler, but more heat in you case. You can find a lot of reviews on youtube for any of these cards, or even just google if you want stuff to read.

IMost of the major brands are going to have similar offerings.

I do prefer EVGA brand due the fact I've never had an issue with any of their cards, and the step up program is good. Especially in your case, if you purchased a 770 and thought you still wanted more power, you could trade it in back to EVGA for the same price you paid, and pay the difference for a gtx 780. You have 90 days to do this so that's plenty of time to mess around with the 770.

Oh wow that sounds really good! i never knew about this whole step up business. Thank you!
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#12BuyersRemorse55Posted 2/19/2014 12:47:39 PM
Just be sure to register you card with EVGA once you get it and you have upload your invoice to your account you make with them. Its pretty simple all the directions are on the site.

You can only step up once and you have 90days from the date of purchase.

Refurbished cards are not eligible to step up.

The only major drawback is, there will a week or so where you have to mail your card back to them, and then wait for the new card to arrive, so youll need to pop back in your old card or use onboard video for a bit.
#13crawdad(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 5:42:09 AM
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
Just be sure to register you card with EVGA once you get it and you have upload your invoice to your account you make with them. Its pretty simple all the directions are on the site.

You can only step up once and you have 90days from the date of purchase.

Refurbished cards are not eligible to step up.

The only major drawback is, there will a week or so where you have to mail your card back to them, and then wait for the new card to arrive, so you'll need to pop back in your old card or use onboard video for a bit.

Cool sounds good. That's actually not too bad of a turn around either to be honest. Even if it's two or 3 weeks, my current card isn't so painfully slow that I couldn;t handle it lol.

But i might actually do this. try out the 770, see how much better it is, and then pay the difference of a faster card i feel da need for speed.
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#14triple sPosted 2/20/2014 7:14:15 AM
I just bought a 780 TI and couldn't be happier. I was able to jump to 1440p from 1080p at the same time and was happy to see that not only had my performance increased, but it was better than it was at 1080p using my 680. The 680 is not slouch of a card, but the 780 TI is what I believe to be 85% faster.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22