This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you follow eSports?

#21GTRagnarokPosted 2/19/2014 1:11:57 PM
r0ge00 posted...
GTRagnarok posted...
I follow the speedrunning community. Of note are SpeedRunsLive and SpeedDemosArchive. They have a week long speedrunning marathon twice a year for charity. The last one (AGDQ 2014) took place a month ago and it raised over a million dollars.

Those are probably the most fun to watch. That Super Metroid race on the last one was great.

Yep. That was amazing. Definitely one of the best runs of the event.
---
Wow. Very sig. Such original. So words. Wow.
#22PsythikPosted 2/19/2014 1:16:24 PM
Unless you count Twitch Plays Pokémon, never. Why would I watch somebody else play a game when I could just play it myself?
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#23hitokiri13Posted 2/19/2014 1:23:05 PM(edited)
Psythik posted...
Unless you count Twitch Plays Pokémon, never. Why would I watch somebody else play a game when I could just play it myself?

Same with the Superbowl. Sadly people watch it because there friends watch it. Fans are fake as hell.'

I enjoy watching to see who wins. How they use there strategy and skills. I'm talking about all type sports like NFL and Esports.

Also I'm gambler if they allow parlays or higher limits like 500 USD per game for Esports. I would join in. lol
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#24Lethal_BathTubPosted 2/19/2014 1:31:08 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Fighting games are the only ones that matter.

---
Too many things are troublesome.
Psn: Lethal_Sink - Visit my YouTube for daily videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaotixLegacy
#25pwnater777Posted 2/19/2014 1:33:44 PM
Meh, kinda. I did more often back when G4 was actually about gaming, and before I lost the channel. I loved watching teams play different shooters. Now, I'll occasionally watch League of Legends live streams, because I enjoy watching people play the game when they actually know what they are doing and they can do it well. Hell, the other day to pass time in a movie theater before the film began, I was watching a League match.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#26SteamsterPosted 2/19/2014 2:04:03 PM
Psythik posted...
Why would I watch somebody else play a game when I could just play it myself?

I learn from people better than me.
I laugh from people more entertaining than me.
I admire people that pull off remarkable gaming feats.
I prefer it to television and film.
I can play games on one monitor while I watch it on another monitor.

This list can go on. It's cool if you don't like it, but it's not hard to figure out how people might see it differently.
#27pitt12177Posted 2/19/2014 2:08:48 PM
Steamster posted...
Psythik posted...
Why would I watch somebody else play a game when I could just play it myself?

I learn from people better than me.
I laugh from people more entertaining than me.
I admire people that pull off remarkable gaming feats.
I prefer it to television and film.
I can play games on one monitor while I watch it on another monitor.

This list can go on. It's cool if you don't like it, but it's not hard to figure out how people might see it differently.

Pretty much this if I'm not watching House of Cards or an Oscar nominated movie. It's better than regular stuff.
#28wolverinerob79Posted 2/19/2014 2:12:09 PM
I guess since I spend more time watching Twitch than normal TV and Netflix combined...I'd have to say yes.
#29Worknofun370Posted 2/19/2014 2:17:17 PM
Yup, I only started getting into it heavily about 8-9 months ago, but since then have watched a crapton of Twitch.

SC2 and CS:GO are the ones I watch the most, and by most I mean I'm usually watching something everday. This past weekends IEM had some of the best SC2 games i've ever seen, absolutely amazing tournament.
#30Worknofun370Posted 2/19/2014 2:19:57 PM
GTRagnarok posted...
I follow the speedrunning community. Of note are SpeedRunsLive and SpeedDemosArchive. They have a week long speedrunning marathon twice a year for charity. The last one (AGDQ 2014) took place a month ago and it raised over a million dollars.

I had the week off for AGDQ2014 and watched way to much of it. May have gotten a little burn-in on my plasma. :)

My only complaint is I do wish they'd make the game screen bigger than the audience/player. I certainly don't mind seeing everyone (especially when they're being interesting) but i'm tuning in to watch the games and listen to the guy explain them, not watch the guy actually play it.... if that makes sense.

That's what I want though, and who cares what I want but me?