This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you follow eSports?

#51BongbuddyPosted 2/20/2014 7:11:59 AM
Lethal_BathTub posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Fighting games are the only ones that matter.
#52Knighted DragonPosted 2/20/2014 7:12:28 AM
Lolno

---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#53ShubPosted 2/20/2014 7:15:32 AM
Clouddx posted...
Boge posted...
If video gaming became MUCH more physically demanding, like playing a fighting game with Xbox Kinect where you really have to punch, jump, duck, flip, kick, etc., and it was really 1:1 accurate motion so you HAD to be talented in fighting to win, then I might call them "eSports". But sitting on your butt clicking buttons with your fingers...

"an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature"

...that's not an athletic activity by any stretch. The only thing less athletic is sleeping in a bed. Are we going to turn that into a sport too? I'm a pro sleeper!! DreamSports, baby!!

"eSports" was dubbed by some sad loser that wanted to feel better about what he was doing with his life. There's nothing wrong with playing video games for a living. Whatever pays the bills, right? I play video games and don't get paid, so who's the biggest loser? At least I tell it how it is though instead of trying to church it all up to make myself look bigger than I am.

Chess is a sport.

Beat me to it.

Boge, it's one thing to dislike eSports, but there's no reason to disparage the whole thing as something cooked up by "sad losers". You're always harping on being polite but you're not setting the example here. Not even sure why you're getting all worked up over this.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#54Worknofun370Posted 2/20/2014 9:15:20 AM
I always laugh when someone comes in to be sure everyone knows they don't think that eSports is an actual sport.

Newsflash: nobody in the eSports community gives a ****.