This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Music Beta launched

#21Fade2black001Posted 2/20/2014 7:36:46 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

; Enable Paste via Ctrl+V in Console windows such as Command Prompt and PowerShell.
#IfWinActive ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass
^V::
SendInput {Raw}%clipboard%
return
#IfWinActive

; Create Media Keys by using the Arrow Keys with Alt and Ctrl+Alt.
!Left::SendInput {Media_Prev}
!Down::SendInput {Media_Play_Pause}
!Right::SendInput {Media_Next}
!Up::SendInput {Media_Stop}
^!Left::SendInput {Volume_Down}
^!Down::SendInput {Volume_Mute}
^!Right::SendInput {Volume_Up}
^!Up::SendInput {Launch_Media}

Thanks, I'll try that out later tonight.

Heh. So its more innovative. OK
Fade2black001 posted...
Oh wow who cares? People really care about this? Lets play our own music while we game. Not like its something you couldn't do since 1995...

Dammit Fade we've been over this already.

Been over what? Its true though and you know it.

We've been over why this is different than launching a media player in the background.

You can navigate with a gamepad, see what tracks are playing without minimizing, skip tracks and navigate to different albums, songs etc without minimizing, likely have separate music volume control without minimizing, and probably some more advantages as well.

---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#22wizardmonPosted 2/20/2014 7:41:02 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Quotestack Culled

Thanks for quoting and adding nothing, but consider someone who went out and purchased a Steammachine and set it on their living room TV. What are they going to use to change songs ingame when their system doesn't have a keyboard to alt tab out of the game with? They need a SteamOS compatable media player that works within BigPicture mode.

Stop saying it's pointless, because it's not.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#23Darkcloud20Posted 2/20/2014 8:21:40 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Ch3wy posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

; Enable Paste via Ctrl+V in Console windows such as Command Prompt and PowerShell.
return
#IfWinActive

Post back and let me know if it works. I use foobar2000 and it works fine for me. If it still doesn't work it may be a Winamp problem like that other poster said.

Why don't you set up key combinations directly in foobar2000 seems to be more straight forward o.O
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#24PraetorXynPosted 2/20/2014 8:28:13 AM
Darkcloud20 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
Ch3wy posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

return
#IfWinActive

Post back and let me know if it works. I use foobar2000 and it works fine for me. If it still doesn't work it may be a Winamp problem like that other poster said.

Why don't you set up key combinations directly in foobar2000 seems to be more straight forward o.O

Because I need them to work when I'm playing a game and foobar2000 is minimized.

AHK also lets me do a bunch of other useful things.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#25Darkcloud20Posted 2/20/2014 8:51:07 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Darkcloud20 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
Ch3wy posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

return
#IfWinActive

Because I need them to work when I'm playing a game and foobar2000 is minimized.

AHK also lets me do a bunch of other useful things.

They work for me ingame if they are set to global but I can see the advantage of having all key combinations in one program.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#26Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 3:50:59 PM
Your script worked Praetor, thanks. Not sure what was so different from mine that it didn't work, maybe because I had Send instead of SendInput?

Tried foobar's in house tool for it as well and set it global, that did not work. Not in Euro Truck Sim 2.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#27PraetorXynPosted 2/21/2014 6:52:16 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Your script worked Praetor, thanks. Not sure what was so different from mine that it didn't work, maybe because I had Send instead of SendInput?

Tried foobar's in house tool for it as well and set it global, that did not work. Not in Euro Truck Sim 2.

NP.

There are different ones, like Send, SendInput, SendRaw, etc. and I don't remember the difference.

In case you aren't aware it's possible, what I do with mine is compile it to an exe (you can do it by right-clicking I believe), then move a shortcut to that exe into Startup so it runs when the computer starts.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#28akuma634Posted 2/21/2014 10:51:52 AM
What's with the trolls like "hurr hurr hurr I'm gonna get it to never use it LOLOLOLOLOLOL!" I got into the beta last week and it's pretty cool. It makes Saints Row 4 a lot more fun for me since I can push one button to go to my music selection whenever I want and the game autopauses. It's a lot more convenient than having a media player in the background.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Zu6jtNK.jpg
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634