This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"I don't like PC gaming because i can't sit on my couch and use a controller"

#11AsucaHayashiPosted 2/19/2014 1:38:32 PM(edited)
-consoles get online services
"consoles aren't PCs."

-consoles get firmware updates
"consoles aren't PCs."

-consoles get game installs
"consoles aren't PCs."

-console games get patches and updates
"consoles aren't PCs."

-consoles get downloadable content
"consoles aren't PCs."

-consoles get ports of previously PC-exclusive genres best played with kb/m like MMO
"consoles aren't PCs."

-consoles get replaceable hard drives
"consoles aren't PCs."

-consoles get internet browsers
"consoles aren't PCs."

-console architecture now matches that of the PC
"consoles aren't PCs."
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#12DoramiPosted 2/19/2014 1:40:42 PM
What do you do for the computer that needs to be on the desk as a productive machine?

Is the cost of the separate controller included in the build?

What kind of home layout do you use to accommodate a PC in the living room next to the TV?

What control scheme are you using to accommodate KB/M input games?
---
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | Pokemon X: IGN: Jing | Safari: Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
NNID: StareRoe | PSN: Raftina
#13LvthnPosted 2/19/2014 1:45:59 PM
Dorami posted...
What do you do for the computer that needs to be on the desk as a productive machine?

Is the cost of the separate controller included in the build?

What kind of home layout do you use to accommodate a PC in the living room next to the TV?

What control scheme are you using to accommodate KB/M input games?

- Multiple outputs
- Not usually, guess you can if you want, but most console controllers will work...
- Up to you, you can set it with the entertainment center or you can wire behind the wall to have it in another room entirely (this is surprisingly easy to do)
- I use KB/M and I play from bed all the time, there's no obligation to stop using kb/m for games where that's better. On a couch, get a lap desk or stand up tray for games like that.
#14godplaysSNESPosted 2/19/2014 1:49:25 PM
The controller argument had some merit a couple of years ago, the controller support varied greatly from game to game.

But nowadays it's better than ever since the 360 controller is supported by default by almost every game.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#15steker16Posted 2/19/2014 1:51:40 PM
cost is by far the biggest myth. the console peasants go on about how much money it costs, yet they turn around a drop $60 for every game, $60 for extra controllers so they can play with friends, and yearly fee's to access online. sure PC might have a higher start up cost, but when you buy games at $5-$25 it more than makes up for it
#16Combo MasterPosted 2/19/2014 1:52:09 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
The controller argument had some merit a couple of years ago, the controller support varied greatly from game to game.

But nowadays it's better than ever since the 360 controller is supported by default by almost every game.

Not the wireless one though well I mean getting it to work. You have to by the right wireless receiver and the first one i bought didn't work. Even searching now it is not 100% clear I would say to the average person what to buy to do it.
---
Combo Master
#17Rolen47Posted 2/19/2014 2:08:15 PM
Not everyone has their PC setup close to their couch and TV.
#18LoshadtPosted 2/19/2014 2:12:52 PM
Rolen47 posted...

That's their choice, but the option is there. That's basically what makes PC so good as a game platform, choices.

And no, the biggest myth is cost.
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#19Games_AnalystPosted 2/19/2014 2:15:12 PM
VIP86 posted...
A gaming computer costs 4000. I just had that experience this past week. My friend wanted me to build their kids a computer and was willing to spend 4 grand.

$4,000!? LMAO.

CPU: $300 (OC it in future years, will last 4-5+ years easy for PC gaming). CPUs two gens old are running top line games fine at the moment.
Top Line Mobo: $150
RAM: 16gb gaming performance RAM, $150 (anything beyond atm is utterly stupid)
SSD: 256 GB (select games/boot) $200
Data HD: $40? (1 TB)
Video: GeForce GTX 780 $530
1000+w PSU: $150-200
Case: $100
Cooling System: < $100

< $2K. That computer will run anything in the next 5+ years and unless an equivalent Crysis is released 3 years down the road everything at max. If you don't need an OS, can re-use a case, and have an existing large HD - there's $250 gone right there.

$4K. lmao. Oh lord.
---
Intel 930i, 770 GTX, 16GB G Skill Ripjaw X, Asus Sabertek, Intel 80gb SSD, WIndows 7 64.
#20PsythikPosted 2/19/2014 2:15:30 PM
Rolen47 posted...
And those people are wrong.

I typed this from my couch. Try it sometime and you'll never go back to a desk again.
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg