This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"I don't like PC gaming because i can't sit on my couch and use a controller"

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/19/2014 2:17:39 PM
smelly_boob posted...
console gaming is way easier than PC gaming... you cant ignore this fact. I'm not saying building a PC is difficult, but it is a heck of a lot easier to buy a console and controller... plug it in to a TV... and you are done.

You can get SFF PCs that can do that, actually.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#22Ch3wyPosted 2/19/2014 2:18:23 PM
It's a valid reason for those who mostly play multiplayer shooters.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#23DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/19/2014 2:20:03 PM
Psythik posted...
Rolen47 posted...
Not everyone has their PC setup close to their couch and TV.
And those people are wrong.

I typed this from my couch. Try it sometime and you'll never go back to a desk again.

I tried that...
Was uncomfortable. Went back to desk gaming. 's probably why I don't play more console games, I guess.
---
#24PsythikPosted 2/19/2014 2:22:21 PM
Ch3wy posted...
How so?
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#25Ch3wyPosted 2/19/2014 2:23:01 PM
Psythik posted...
Ch3wy posted...
How so?

You're gonna get straight merced if you try to play a PC shooter with a controller.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#26exclusiveburnerPosted 2/19/2014 2:42:19 PM
Let's be honest here though guys, most people can't even properly use a computer correctly so it's no surprise they cannot build one.
#27RavenoussdPosted 2/19/2014 2:45:06 PM
no it comes down to social status? reasons....

"man you game on your computer? what a nerd, i game on my xbox on my couch man with my friends and smoke blunts playing madden"
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
#28AsucaHayashiPosted 2/19/2014 2:45:14 PM
Let's be honest here though guys, most people can't even properly use a computer correctly so it's no surprise they cannot build one.

it's funny because these are the same people who apparently know everything there is to know about PC gaming... hence this topic.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/E5CYOem.png
#29pwnater777Posted 2/19/2014 2:49:31 PM
I'd say:

- "costs more than consoles!" Heh. From what I've read by other people (I've never personally upgraded), most people maybe only upgrade every few years, and those occasional upgrades cost less altogether than a new console.

- "has no good exclusives like consoles!" Emulate 'em then, and download those ROM files in the background while playing some PC-only games.

- "forces me to use a KB+M!" Ever heard of a USB controller? More and more games seem to have controller support nowadays.

- "doesn't have a chat service like party chat!" LOL. Just download Skype, talk on the phone, or actually pay attention to a game.

- "is too complicated to build!" How do you not understand a basic system of components that come together to make one machine? That's really all a PC is, except with complex parts that come in a variety of choices.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#30DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/19/2014 2:52:53 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Psythik posted...
Ch3wy posted...
How so?

You're gonna get straight merced if you try to play a PC shooter with a controller.

Wish I could find that crazy video of that guy with a custom controller playing Quake 3. Can never find it when I want to.
---