This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Google is a Bigger Threat to Net Neutrality Than Comcast

#31DerPancakePosted 2/20/2014 7:39:48 AM
Psythik posted...
Google may be evil, but all other ISPs are the devil himself. I'll root for the lesser evil.

If I had to choose between one evil or another, I would rather not choose at all.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#32blax34dmPosted 2/20/2014 8:44:42 AM
You guys wouldn't rather put your faith in google than comcast? Comcast is one of the worst companies in America.

The whole thesis for google fiber was that isp's are ripping people off and they're going to put out a better product to stop it. Just like the nexus 5, nexus 7- products google made to be as good as the competition for a much smaller price tag.
#33PsythikPosted 2/20/2014 12:58:58 PM
DerPancake posted...
Psythik posted...
Google may be evil, but all other ISPs are the devil himself. I'll root for the lesser evil.

If I had to choose between one evil or another, I would rather not choose at all.
Yeah but I'm not about to go without Internet
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#34ClouddxPosted 2/20/2014 1:15:26 PM
blax34dm posted...
You guys wouldn't rather put your faith in google than comcast? Comcast is one of the worst companies in America.

The whole thesis for google fiber was that isp's are ripping people off and they're going to put out a better product to stop it. Just like the nexus 5, nexus 7- products google made to be as good as the competition for a much smaller price tag.

I think the majority in this topic feel that Comcast is way worse than Google, and I agree with you. Comcast definitely is one of the worst companies where I live.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#35OrgeLambartPosted 2/20/2014 1:38:09 PM
Comcast isn't that bad, although they are way overpriced, I think I pay close to like 80 dollars for the internet. As for the outage issues, they knew their was an outage, you probably called before they knew.... or you lived in a low pop area and nobody but you called in for a while.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#36Damaged7Posted 2/20/2014 1:40:13 PM
People are complaining about a 250GB cap? I live in a house with 3 other people, we have 150GB and have never hit the cap. I guess if you need to constantly download things you'll never use you might need a bigger cap.
---
Bold Text
#37PraetorXynPosted 2/20/2014 1:57:27 PM
Damaged7 posted...
People are complaining about a 250GB cap? I live in a house with 3 other people, we have 150GB and have never hit the cap. I guess if you need to constantly download things you'll never use you might need a bigger cap.

I live by myself and use about 650 GB a week.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#38ClouddxPosted 2/20/2014 2:06:43 PM
Damaged7 posted...

ROFLZ, it would take me 3 years at that rate to download my Steam collection. How can you not find that abysmal.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S