This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got a new computer, looking for a good mmo to play

#11PhilOnDezPosted 2/19/2014 1:51:05 PM
Wildstar is one I'm looking forward to.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#12ATARIJAWAPosted 2/19/2014 4:50:46 PM
I'm waiting for ArcheAge. I am so sick of themeparks that are just WoW clones. Archeage at least is a sandbox .
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#13PannerPosted 2/19/2014 5:03:46 PM
Rift is the best MMO i've played and played most of them.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#14Lucavi000Posted 2/19/2014 5:05:06 PM
FFXIV just hit Steam and is 50% (14.99) right now.
#15r7gerrabbitPosted 2/19/2014 5:10:18 PM(edited)
Guild Wars 2.
Buy in once and never pay again.

Now is a good time to get in as they're destroying one of the main cities in their living story.

Level and gear are more or less a non-issue. Everything scales. And gear caps out. Even the most epic gear that takes months to grind is entirely optional as the boost is marginal and doesn't apply to PvP.
---
Sig.
#16Fade2black001Posted 2/19/2014 5:09:04 PM
OldSorrow posted...
Blade and Soul 2014

Stop trolling with your Blade and Soul BS.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#17PhilOnDezPosted 2/19/2014 5:11:23 PM
Lucavi000 posted...

I saw that a little while ago and I'm actually pretty tempted. Kinda looking for something to fill the gap until Wildstar launches.

Anybody have any input on how it plays as a solo game? I don't mean doing absolutely everything on my own but if I don't play with a handful of friends at all times am I screwed or is finding groups for a second to do a group quest/instance easy enough?
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#18r7gerrabbitPosted 2/19/2014 5:15:54 PM(edited)
PhilOnDez posted...
Lucavi000 posted...

I saw that a little while ago and I'm actually pretty tempted. Kinda looking for something to fill the gap until Wildstar launches.

Anybody have any input on how it plays as a solo game? I don't mean doing absolutely everything on my own but if I don't play with a handful of friends at all times am I screwed or is finding groups for a second to do a group quest/instance easy enough?

The main story is 90% solo. And it plays like a Final Fantasy game with cutscenes and all.

There are a few group quests and the wait as DPS can be hour or more. Tanks and healers get in fast. The system is automated like WoW where you get thrown in a queue.

It also has a unique job system.

But the end game lacks. They force everyone into raid or die, and the raid content lacks.
---
Sig.
#19JockoPosted 2/19/2014 5:15:01 PM
I can't believe nobody mentioned Flap MMO.

www.flapmmo.com
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#20PhilOnDezPosted 2/19/2014 5:28:09 PM
That sounds like pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, actually. I guess I'll give it a shot. I said to myself I was going to pick it up the next time it went on sale for $20 so I guess I may as well :P
---