This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming. Did it change your life?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming. Did it change your life?
2 years ago#1
For me it did.

Going from gaming on consoles only to this holy platform is like falling in love all over again. Well not that intense but you get what I mean, right ? Lol

I had lost faith in gaming with the Xbox one and all that BS and PC gaming really did change my outlook.

I also know a lot more about computers then I would have if I continued on the dark path. I guess I'm just happy to be playing games that I really love.

Anyone else have any strong emotions like me.
*Projectile Vomits* Those prices are fantastic!
2 years ago#2
Didn't change my life but I'll put in my perspective.

It's a hobby from the building phase to the performance phase to the gaming phase.

Having control over your hardware makes all the difference.
FC= 3265-4867-8550
2 years ago#3
The first games I played with gameplay more in-depth than "move pixel, shoot other pixels" a la Atari were all on PC, so yes, PC gaming was pretty influential on my views of video games.
2 years ago#4
Yes. I have access to a wide variety of strategy games from something as simple as Panzer Corps ,somewhere in the middle as Civ series and as complex as War in the Pacific.
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower
2 years ago#5
It changed my life 30 years ago.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
2 years ago#6
A bit. Ever since I recently got heavy into PC gaming, I've spent at least 60 hours in the past month in-game.
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
2 years ago#7
I always gamed on PC and on consoles ever since I was a wee lad.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
2 years ago#8
StarCraft 1 got me into PC.
The modding scene kept me on PC.
Then modding inspired me to learn to code.
Now I create software for a living. Not games though.
2 years ago#9
I'd say so.

My dad brought home a C64 when I was 6 (IIRC) and I instantly fell in love with the thing. Naturally the games were what I dove into first, but that set me down a path that that I've been committed to ever since. Fast forward 30-some-odd years later and now I'm making a handsome living off the skills I learned from messing around with computers all these years.

Shoot, I don't even really use any of my college education in my professional life... but then again I've never personally known any wealthy economists, ironically enough ;)
2 years ago#10
First game to wow me with its graphics was KotOR. When I first saw Dantooine I was in awe from its beauty. Still doesn't look half bad:

The grass waving in the wind blew my mind. From then on I was hooked on PC gaming.

4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming. Did it change your life?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived