This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Square Enix interested in bringing future Final Fantasy games to PC

#21OrgeLambartPosted 2/19/2014 2:55:01 PM
don't know why they don't release FF's on the PC, go back and release the whole catalogue from the First game up through the 6th game, and any of the games after 10.

No reason why they shouldn't, shame the only way to play older FF games is to play them on roms. Which is just wrong, I'm sure loads of people like myself would be willing to pay for them.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#22SteamsterPosted 2/19/2014 3:08:42 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Why would anyone want to mod a Final Fantasy?
Pointless texture/model mods for nude characters?

New characters, new quests, new items, new abilities, new areas, rebalancing, et cetera.
#23samuraigaidenPosted 2/19/2014 3:14:34 PM
If the future Final Fantasy games are anything like Lighting Returns, I pass.

I'd like to see them release enhanced versions of their old classics instead. And not just Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy was already overrated before 13. Now it's a joke.
#24DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/19/2014 3:23:23 PM
Steamster posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Why would anyone want to mod a Final Fantasy?
Pointless texture/model mods for nude characters?

New characters, new quests, new items, new abilities, new areas, rebalancing, et cetera.

New characters would be neat, new quests via mod would not be functional with the way JRPGs handle sidequests, I don't see the appeal of new abilities, new areas wouldn't be functional with how JRPGs handle area data, rebalancing already happens with simple stathacks...

They'd have to change the way the game works. At which point does it cease to be Final Fantasy and become a knockoff of TES?

Also, RPG Maker kind of makes most of it pointless anyway.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#25Arya1Posted 2/19/2014 11:53:37 PM
Japanese games are always sell well at Steam, I'll be surprised if they're overlook PC ports.
I hope they will make port of FF XIII trilogy, already played it on console, and I don't mid to buy it again if they release it on Steam.

OrgeLambart posted...
don't know why they don't release FF's on the PC, go back and release the whole catalogue from the First game up through the 6th game, and any of the games after 10.

No reason why they shouldn't, shame the only way to play older FF games is to play them on roms. Which is just wrong, I'm sure loads of people like myself would be willing to pay for them.

According the producer, they are afraid with "security issues", and PC gaming were not as popular as right now.
#26Z2488Posted 2/20/2014 12:03:12 AM
Not that any of them were very good, but I'm wondering why they haven't put the FF XIII trilogy on PC already. I probably would have actually bought them instead of borrowing them from friends.
---
i5 2500k at 4.5ghz - EVGA GTX 670 - MSI Z68A-GD80 - Seasonic X 750W - GSkill 16GB - Crucial m4 128GB - NZXT Beta EVO
#27claytonbuckleyPosted 2/20/2014 1:24:39 AM
FF games are dead to me.

You really care about FF games after they released All the Bravest?
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#28PokenubPosted 2/20/2014 1:29:03 AM
Don't care. Square Soft was the only good makers of Final Fantasy.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#29kbe2k2Posted 2/20/2014 1:35:07 AM
How about they work on a new IP and stop butchering a once great franchise, just let it die already.
#30ArkonBladePosted 2/20/2014 2:10:13 AM
as long as its up to FFX I'll be good with that. any other FF game after that don't care about. FFXV remains to be seen yet.

hopefully it will be good.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade