This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can those with a G400s mouse and great hearing do me a favor?

#1BogePosted 2/19/2014 2:11:58 PM(edited)
Can you put on some headphones and listen carefully when you move your mouse around on your desktop, or when dragging a window around. Listen for a high pitched hiss/screech sound.

I had this problem with a G500. I just noticed it with my G400s, and I also tested a G700. Both of these mice have that same sound. I've tried different headphones with the same results.

I know it's a problem with some Logitech mice, but I didn't expect the G400s would be affected.

It's VERY faint, so make sure your area is extremely quiet. It's almost not worth mentioning, but once you hear it, it starts to bother you. Oh, and by the way, I got the G500 replaced, so if you're affected, don't hesitate to contact Logitech if necessary.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#2Ch3wyPosted 2/19/2014 2:19:59 PM(edited)
That sounds like it would be electrical interference or something. Does it scale with system volume or remain the same volume and stay there even if its on mute? Also do you have it plugged into a USB port right next to where your headphones are plugged in?

I've never noticed it and I would normally notice something like that. I'll double check when I get home.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/19/2014 2:21:22 PM
Oh, yeah, I get that all the time. Actually, if you listen closely without headphones, there's a high pitch whine coming from the mouse when stationary. Pretty sure it's the laser.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#4ClouddxPosted 2/19/2014 2:24:10 PM
This is a pretty weird issue, would like an update on any fixes or if logitech has something to say about it.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#5ClouddxPosted 2/19/2014 2:26:35 PM
I also found this site you guys might be interested in: http://jdc.koitsu.org/logitech/
---
#6Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 2:53:05 PM(edited)
Clouddx posted...
I also found this site you guys might be interested in: http://jdc.koitsu.org/logitech/

I aware of this. As I said above, I had a G500 that had this issues. Now the G400s (optical mouse, not laser), is giving me this sound.

I have headphones plugged into the motherboard (correct port). I have the mouse plugged into the top USB port (furthest possible from the headphones). The sound is not related to the volume on my computer. I can turn it down, mute, even have it set to come out of speakers instead of the headphones and I still have the sound.

Oddly enough, while trouble shooting with other mice/headphones, it's gone now. I didn't really do anything but swap things around. I hate solutions like this because I can't pinpoint what it is. I'll play with it some more and see if I can figure anything out.

Logitech just suggests to unplug the mouse and hold a button down for 15 seconds to reset it. That doesn't work for me.

Something else to note, it's MUCH more noticeable when I plug headphones into my case jack rather than the motherboard. My driver is also set to the Nvidia HD audio with HDMI.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#7Saga3Posted 2/19/2014 4:37:08 PM
You sure it isn't a jack problem? My old computer had that problem and it's fixed now with a new one even though I'm using the same mouse. Assuming it's a 3.5mm stereo jack try plugging it into the rear port instead of the one on the case.
#8mithoschapterPosted 2/19/2014 5:37:14 PM
I had this problem with my mouse until I got a sound card, now I don't hear it with the headphones. It may have been electrical interference in the computer from the hard drive or something, I'm not sure.
---
Tmansandlin on Steam and Origin. Proud owner of a Ducky.
3DS FC: 4914-3665-4608
#9ClouddxPosted 2/19/2014 5:40:59 PM
Have you tried connecting an External DAC?
---
#10SnadadosPosted 2/19/2014 9:41:56 PM
Yeah, that sounds like electrical interference.

Had that happen with my older computer when I used the 3.5mm headphone jack on the front of the case.
Plugging my headphones into the read or the motherboard fixed it.

If you're using a usb headset try using a few different ports, ideally ones further away from the port the mouse is connected to.

If those don't work you may want to try an external DAC.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?