This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC health test?

#1Figure09Posted 2/19/2014 1:48:53 PM
Hey I had an issue with my PC a couple days back and had to reinstall windows. I wasn't sure what caused the issue but had no issues re-installing windows so thought it was fine at least technically.

While I haven't had major issues it seems Titanfall is freezing with consistency. I can get about 30 minutes in without a freeze at the moment. I haven't tried playing anything else yet because I have to download and install everything again but will download league to try next.

My questions are really, is it possible to test your PC thoroughly so it can tell everything is working properly and loading properly and also if it is what are some possible causes for games to freeze?Before re-installing windows Titanfall had froze on me twice total in 10 hours of gameplay

Thanks for any help
---
3DS Friend Code: 0946-3552-1822
TSV: 3050 IGN: Mondo
#2Fade2black001Posted 2/19/2014 1:51:05 PM
What are your temps when the freezing happens?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3Figure09(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 1:57:24 PM
Fade2black001 posted...

I'm not sure but my computer feels cold. Barely any heat coming from it. I'll just say I'm a PC noob so how to check temperature and stuff isn't stuff I know how to do..
---
#4Fade2black001Posted 2/19/2014 2:03:15 PM(edited)
Figure09 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

I'm not sure but my computer feels cold. Barely any heat coming from it. I'll just say I'm a PC noob so how to check temperature and stuff isn't stuff I know how to do..

Well you would need 3rd party programs to check the temps.

MSI afterburner for GPU
Real Temp for CPU.

Unfortunately you can't see your CPU temp in game but you can with the GPU.

Also does this happen with all games? Or is it just Titanfall?
---
#5Figure09(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 2:11:26 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Figure09 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

MSI afterburner for GPU
Real Temp for CPU.

Ok I can grab those programs. I don't think it's an overheating issue based on how quiet/cold my PC is but it's always worth checking.

I haven't been able to confirm with another game just yet. I'm downloading league of legends now so I will play a couple games to see if I get issues.

If I don't could the issue be Titanfall? It wasn't giving me issues before. Any way to check or repair it?
---
#6Fade2black001Posted 2/19/2014 2:17:27 PM
Figure09 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Figure09 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

MSI afterburner for GPU
Real Temp for CPU.

Ok I can grab those programs. I don't think it's an overheating issue based on how quiet/cold my PC is but it's always worth checking.

I haven't been able to confirm with another game just yet. I'm downloading league of legends now so I will play a couple games to see if I get issues.

If I don't could the issue be Titanfall? It wasn't giving me issues before. Any way to check or repair it?

League of Legends is like the least demanding game out there. I would be shocked if that froze on you. You need to really test it out on resource heavy game like TF is. If LoL does freeze on you then there is definitely a problem with your hardware.

Also you computer being quiet doesn't mean a whole lot. Your fans could not be working at all or not be working properly.
---
#7Figure09(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 2:25:03 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
Figure09 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Figure09 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...

MSI afterburner for GPU
Real Temp for CPU.

League of Legends is like the least demanding game out there. I would be shocked if that froze on you. You need to really test it out on resource heavy game like TF is. If LoL does freeze on you then there is definitely a problem with your hardware.

Also you computer being quiet doesn't mean a whole lot. Your fans could not be working at all or not be working properly.

Yeah I want to try it with something more demanding but honestly I don't have anything like that. I didn't even mention hearthstone seems to work no problem because of how little I assume it needs.

Yeah that's true. I guess if the PC was hot it would concern me more but I'd still like to look at the temperature.

Is there a test you can run on your hard drive to see if it's reading and loading properly? Maybe RAM also. I also know Titanfall is in beta so that could also be the issue but it doesn't seem like anyone's having any issues with the game really
---
#8ClouddxPosted 2/19/2014 2:31:27 PM(edited)
Tests:
CPU: Intel Burn Test
GPU: MSIafterburner
Ram: Memtest86
HDD: HDtune
CPU+Ram: Prime95
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#9Fade2black001Posted 2/19/2014 2:32:21 PM
This seems to be the best free one out there...

http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html
---
#10Fade2black001Posted 2/19/2014 2:34:07 PM
Clouddx posted...
Tests:
CPU: Intel Burn Test
GPU: MSIafterburner
Ram: Memtest86
HDD: HDtune
CPU+Ram: Prime95

That's the extreme way to go but will yield the quickest results though. When doing Intel Burn test though make sure to have real temp open to monitor cpu temps.
---