This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm done with AVG! They can go to hell!!

#1BlueFlameBatPosted 2/20/2014 12:09:31 PM(edited)
Every time I agree to an update or I uninstall the toolbar they keep installing without my permission, they mess-up the tabs on my browser! I'm done with this crap and I would strongly discourage anyone from giving these *** ****s any support! Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes may not be perfect, but at least they don't mess with my browsers or install things without my permission!
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#2Master_BassPosted 2/20/2014 12:09:40 PM
This never happens to me. It does sound frustrating, though.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#3wildog2006Posted 2/20/2014 12:42:45 PM
it's called a custom installation and you turn that crap off. don't blame programs for your inability to properly install them.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#4brotrrwinnerPosted 2/20/2014 4:53:05 PM
Avira broseph
---
September 21st, 2008
Never forget
#5_Zero1_Posted 2/20/2014 5:37:11 PM
http://ninite.com/

Read step #2
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W7| 1.7TB HDD/256GB SSD
#6BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 5:42:01 PM
I know what customized installation is! That's exactly what I use! I'm not an idiot! That's not always a selectable option, and when it is an option, I always deselect the AVG toolbar, but somehow it turns up on my computer anyway even after I've uninstalled it! Don't assume everyone who has issues with a product is too stupid to know how it works! It's just about the toolbar anyway! Every time it gets installed or removed, it launches my browser and changes the tabs to its home page, and that is what pisses me off!!
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#7Fear The ClownPosted 2/20/2014 7:30:50 PM
Check out Avast, its a free antivirus
---
i7-4770k@4.2GHZ | L337 GAMING Z87H3-A3X | GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3
#8Digital StormPosted 2/20/2014 7:32:04 PM
BlueFlameBat posted...
I know what customized installation is! That's exactly what I use! I'm not an idiot! That's not always a selectable option, and when it is an option, I always deselect the AVG toolbar, but somehow it turns up on my computer anyway even after I've uninstalled it! Don't assume everyone who has issues with a product is too stupid to know how it works! It's just about the toolbar anyway! Every time it gets installed or removed, it launches my browser and changes the tabs to its home page, and that is what pisses me off!!

Your post needs more exclamation marks.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#9Orestes417Posted 2/20/2014 7:33:53 PM
maybe a couple shift-1's too
---
Not looking for an ending to make the pieces fit
Need is always pending on how much you can get
#10killkountPosted 2/20/2014 7:35:31 PM
Digital Storm posted...
BlueFlameBat posted...

Your post needs more exclamation marks.

Yes, at least two after every word.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XqIF7rn.gif