This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm done with AVG! They can go to hell!!

#11_Zero1_Posted 2/20/2014 7:57:32 PM
ITT, everyone proves how douchey they really are
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W7| 1.7TB HDD/256GB SSD
#12Nazgl5LordofNazPosted 2/20/2014 8:14:20 PM
Digital Storm posted...
BlueFlameBat posted...
I know what customized installation is! That's exactly what I use! I'm not an idiot! That's not always a selectable option, and when it is an option, I always deselect the AVG toolbar, but somehow it turns up on my computer anyway even after I've uninstalled it! Don't assume everyone who has issues with a product is too stupid to know how it works! It's just about the toolbar anyway! Every time it gets installed or removed, it launches my browser and changes the tabs to its home page, and that is what pisses me off!!

Your post needs more exclamation marks.

It definitely feels like an Archie comic.
---
*waits until someone says something funny to quote*
#13BeerOnTapPosted 2/20/2014 8:23:43 PM
So funny that people think it's cool to hate Norton and say it's a resource hog and bloat.
It runs seamlessly in the background. Finds any and all bad cookies/files I get (usually from watching pron). It allows seamless setup of firewall and networking. It's so easy to use and is by no means a resource hog.
Maybe it sucked in the past, but it's the bees knees now.
#14BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 1:39:43 PM
AVG was great before it got manipulative with the 2013 and 2014 editions. Now it won't even uninstall completely: I tried to uninstall it using the control panel, but even after I restarted my laptop, I found it still there in the programs list, and now I get an error message when I try to remove it again. I've heard about a removal tool on AVG's website, but right now I am hesitant to trust anything by AVG at this point. At least it doesn't seem to be active now so it shouldn't interfere with MSE ... much. I'm also going to try Malwarebytes again and hope it doesn't freeze the next time I try to run a quick or full scan. If that doesn't work out, maybe I'll try Norton, McAfee, or whatever comes with my AT&T service. I am definitely done with AVG for the foreseeable future though.

It's possible that AVG is still in the Control Panel's Programs list because I chose to keep the virus vault during uninstallation.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#15NemerlightPosted 2/21/2014 1:42:18 PM
Fear The Clown posted...
Check out Avast, its a free antivirus

Avast didnt like me playing some online games. Had to remove that ****.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#16SpazH3dPosted 2/21/2014 1:47:18 PM
BeerOnTap posted...
So funny that people think it's cool to hate Norton and say it's a resource hog and bloat.
It runs seamlessly in the background. Finds any and all bad cookies/files I get (usually from watching pron). It allows seamless setup of firewall and networking. It's so easy to use and is by no means a resource hog.
Maybe it sucked in the past, but it's the bees knees now.

It costs money to use, when there are free just as good anti virus programs out there. It's only sensible to hate Norton. It's a useless waste of money.
---
- My vision is augmented