This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it a good buy (tablet)

#1kierynPosted 2/20/2014 12:53:00 PM
Hi I have been looking to buy a windows surface rt since messing around with one at work, but before buying I was wondering if they are actually any good, I was trying to do basic things like install simple programs but since they didn't come from the windows store it wont install them is there a way around this?

Are there any better recommend windows tablets?

http://www.johnlewis.com/microsoft-surface-tablet-nvidia-tegra-3-windows-rt-10-6-wi-fi-32gb/p509360?kpid=232174778&s_kenid=0d7919fc-27f6-4a08-e398-000040e11bd7&s_kwcid=128x50735&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

thats a link to the tablet (I wont be buying from there as I can get it for 165 at work.
---
PSN and Steam: kieryn_
#2wildog2006Posted 2/20/2014 1:56:35 PM
spend the extra money for a surface pro. windows RT is almost pointless, you can only use programs from their app store. the surface pro is full blown windows 8.

if it's an option.
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''
#3kieryn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 2:07:30 PM
I would probably be best waiting off for one of those any good places with reasonable prices for them?
---
PSN and Steam: kieryn_
#4ShubPosted 2/20/2014 2:15:27 PM
kieryn posted...
I would probably be best waiting off for one of those any good places with reasonable prices for them?

Unlikely. The Surface Pro looks and feels like a tablet but it's got much higher-end specs than most tablets. It's a complete computer with Ultrabook-level specs, it just doesn't have a keyboard. It's equivalent to a MacBook Air in terms of specs.

If you want a tablet but don't want to pay the price of a Surface Pro, get an iPad Air. If you hate Apple or think that's too expensive, get one of the many good Android tablets out there. Windows RT just isn't worth it.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.