This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone use the Quickfire TK?

#1SlaynPosted 2/20/2014 5:15:18 PM
Just wondering, do you miss the 10key? it has sort of a psuedo 10key which looks good enough. I like it because it is really cheap, has full lighting, has the media keys I like, but it doesn't have those terrible macro keys that take up tons of space that I NEVER use.

The other keyboard I was looking at was the Corsair K70, but there is a huge price difference... the K70 is $130 and the Cooler Master is $79 on sale at Newegg. I have a $120 credit at Fry's so I was going to PM Newegg and buy this thing, take the $50 savings and buy a game or something.

http://www.frys.com/product/7922300?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#2cuteboi100Posted 2/20/2014 5:21:57 PM(edited)
I like the 'arrows integrated into numpad' mechanical keyboards. I've seriously considered buying one and would've if I hadn't fallen in love with the quality of my Corsair K60. For things that you use everyday like keyboards and mice it's best to stick with something you know will not fail you. I've a K60 and Microsoft WMO and I don't think I'm going to move from this setup for some time.

Point is the Quickfire TK is a good keyboard and you will probably love it. The advantages to it is its small size which allows the mouse to be more centred and gives it more space. And heed my warning that you will probably never move from that keyboard.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#3Slayn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 5:42:32 PM
Yeah I kind of like the full backlightning and the K60 does not have that. The K70 does, but I don't know if it's worth a full $50 ( $60 after rebate! ) extra. I didn't think I would miss the full numpad and I would probably appreciate the extrsa space. I think it has a function key or numpad key or something so I can use it in succession if I want.

I think I will go ahead and get it, I have this $120 credit and my current keyboard I messed up. Fry's doesn't really have anything else that fits the bill, except for the aforementioned k70. I have never seen it on sale.

http://www.frys.com/search?resultpage=0&start=0&rows=25&pType=pDisplay&cat=-70168&inq=mechanical&x=0&y=0
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#4AcquirePosted 2/20/2014 5:54:54 PM
I have two coolermaster mechanical keyboards (the QuickFire Pro for home and XT for work) and love both of them. I prefer the full keyboard layout.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.