This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone's Steam been funky since the last update?

#1MortalDangerPosted 2/20/2014 5:26:06 PM
I've noticed several strange things since the update on Tuesday. For one, assets related to the store page, market, and communities have a hard time loading or don't load at all. And then my download rate is funky. Normally it's a steady 3.5Mb/s, but now the peak is 500Kb/s, but it just jumps up to that level then drops down to like 35.

Also after the update, my Spotify broke. I don't know if the two are related but I can't play any tracks.

Speedtest shows my internet behaving normally. Any clue?
---
God Bless America.
#2PhilOnDezPosted 2/20/2014 5:31:41 PM
I haven't had any problems with steam specifically though those problems sound identical to problems I've been having with various sites (gfaqs, YouTube, amazon) for the last few days. My net doesn't go out, just a few select websites stop working, be it on my PC, laptop, or phone, providing I'm on my home network. If I disable wifi on my phone I can connect to those sites no problem.

Who's your ISP and what general region are you in, providing you're in the US. I have Cable One in the South East.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3MortalDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 5:56:19 PM
Well I have Comcast in the Southeast as well.

Steampowered.com works fine. Everything works great except for the content of the Steam app and Spotify.
---
God Bless America.
#4clowningPosted 2/20/2014 6:13:53 PM
I have had problems with Steam off and on for a year. It's one reason I've been avoiding buying anything via Steam as much as possible.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#5MortalDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 2:05:21 PM
Well, it's just this machie, that's for sure. I tried everything on my laptop. Spotify worked fine.

Steam worked fine. I downloaded a game at my normal 3.5 Mbps, and the store and all the content loaded fine.

What could be keeping it from functioning right on this machine? It's so strange.
---
God Bless America.
#6MortalDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 2:28:35 PM(edited)
Like:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s5etxa22jl1jln/Screenshot%202014-02-21%2016.13.13.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z6i5x76znmcrzx/Screenshot%202014-02-21%2016.13.31.png

Argh, I can't figure this out. This is so strange.

Also noticing strange functions in other areas. For example, updating things from the particular programs launcher. It will download all the way to 1% then not be able to complete itself. IE: Warframe update, redownloading Java, Spotify installer. Any installer that downloads the files through a launcher won't finish. Wtf.
---
God Bless America.
#7codyorrPosted 2/21/2014 2:48:40 PM
I have Satellite Internet. Your complaints only anger me.
#8Master_BassPosted 2/21/2014 3:50:00 PM
codyorr posted...
I have Satellite Internet. Your complaints only anger me.

It's not his fault you have terrible internet. Sadly, I'm guessing you have no other choice, though.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#9TruePowerSeekerPosted 2/21/2014 3:52:57 PM
A few updates ago I started having a issue with Steam randomly closing when not doing anything. I usually keep it open in the background so if I feel like playing a game I can just jump right to it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alX4leh13s8