This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't do single-player games anymore

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't do single-player games anymore
2 years ago#1
Anyone else like this? When I was younger I was all about single-player games, and when games started focusing more on multiplayer (and as a result the constant *need* for an internet connection), I really disliked it.

But now, if a game doesn't have solid competitive multiplayer as the core focus, I don't get into it much at all.
2 years ago#2
I have played tons of online games, but I still prefer single player. There are tons of great online games too, though!
2 years ago#3
Nope. I still play many PS2, GC, NDS, WII, PS1, NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and many PC games as well like Baldur's gate.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
2 years ago#4
Not me. I still play single player games mostly these days, along with the occasional multiplayer. SP will always be better than multiplayer to me.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
2 years ago#5
Actually I am similar to you, I play mainly online games these days. Mostly games I can tab out of when I want to and listen to music while playing it.

Though as far as single-player games go I have been meaning to give Civ a try since I just bought it.
3DS FC: 3497-1067-1853
2 years ago#6
I find that when I get on the computer I would rather play a game or two of League rather than work on a single player game. I don't even remember what game I am currently working on. I have so many on Steam I lose interest unless they are very good.

When I want to play single player I just whip out my 3ds.
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
2 years ago#7
The only sp games I have no interest in is (newer) FPS games. The genre is too stale, imo. I rarely find it to be a rewarding experience.
| i7-3930K | MSI BB-XP II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | TT Grand 1200W | SG 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HD | Fractal XLR2 |
2 years ago#8
Yeah, I'm mostly like this. I mean, I have like 300 steam games or something at this point, many of them indie games from bundles. Sure, I've gotten around to playing quite a few of them and they were great experiences; some were quite amazing, but even games with large replay value rarely hold my attention for very long nowadays (except Dark Souls). I can't seem to stick to playing these SP games and struggle to find the time to start new ones because my gaming time has been taken over by MP. I guess it's because I like the social interaction and since I'm not in high school playing sports anymore I need that competition haha.
2 years ago#9
I switch back and forth every few months. Sometimes I'll only be playing MP games and other times I enjoy my SP games.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
2 years ago#10
Much prefer single player simply cause of the deviant sexual harassment I get from DV8 and Cody... it's flattering but...they're actually pretty aggressive.
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't do single-player games anymore

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived