This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just got a pair of turtle beach earforce 12's, recommend me a game to test them

#11HaMMeRHeaD25Posted 2/20/2014 11:33:57 PM
nothing quite like denial
---
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?
#12daemon_danPosted 2/20/2014 11:38:17 PM
Mushroom87 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
really? the reveiws on amazon were mostly good. and im using them right now and they are awesome to what im used to. whats wrong with them? faulty manufacturing? cheap materials?

Terrible drivers, low-quality workmanship, muddy bass, flat highs. Etc. They're terrible. People who give the good reviews on amazon likely don't know what good cans sound like.

you have had personal experience?

should i be expecting an RMA within six months? the only reason i bought them was because my brother got them for his xbox for his birthday and i was so impressed i had an impulse buy.

Yeah. I have. Took all of 5 minutes to know they were s***. Just return them, head over to headfi.org, do some research and make some posts, and make an informed decision. It's easy to be impressed by s***-tier stuff when you've never heard good equipment
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#13Kosba_2142Posted 2/20/2014 11:52:45 PM
I got some for Christmas, I had a really hard time explaining to my dad why high reviews/price don't necessarily make it a good product :I
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#14daemon_danPosted 2/20/2014 11:57:44 PM
Kosba_2142 posted...
I got some for Christmas, I had a really hard time explaining to my dad why high reviews/price don't necessarily make it a good product :I

>.> You got them for free for christmas, then probably made your dad feel like an idiot. Good job at being a dick.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#15Skul_Posted 2/21/2014 12:00:52 AM
My X12s died after 2 years so they lasted a while, they were okay for the price. Thats it. Okay.
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#16strongo9Posted 2/21/2014 12:09:32 AM
daemon_dan posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
really? the reveiws on amazon were mostly good. and im using them right now and they are awesome to what im used to. whats wrong with them? faulty manufacturing? cheap materials?

Terrible drivers, low-quality workmanship, muddy bass, flat highs. Etc. They're terrible. People who give the good reviews on amazon likely don't know what good cans sound like.

you have had personal experience?

should i be expecting an RMA within six months? the only reason i bought them was because my brother got them for his xbox for his birthday and i was so impressed i had an impulse buy.

Yeah. I have. Took all of 5 minutes to know they were s***. Just return them, head over to headfi.org, do some research and make some posts, and make an informed decision. It's easy to be impressed by s***-tier stuff when you've never heard good equipment

I'm with daemon here. For the same price of the Earforce X12s you could get a nice pair of JVC HA-RX900s.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m
#17VeiledGenesisPosted 2/21/2014 5:28:21 AM
I have a pair of Steel Series I bought about a year ago. They are extremely good, and if I could remember which model they are I could recommend them.

Either way, a good game to try out headphones is one that really relies on sound. Try any of the Thief games, and I personally think Planetside 2 would also be a good test game. Other games would be things like Amnesia, Bioshock, etc. Games that really rely on atmosphere would be best.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#18PsythikPosted 2/21/2014 5:51:56 AM
Who cares what anybody thinks, so long as they sound good to you?

If you want some good ear candy, I suggest BF4.
---
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#19ChetyrePosted 2/21/2014 6:16:53 AM
TC, no matter what you buy there will always be an audiophile who says it is trash. As long as you are happy so be it.
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#20Born LuckyPosted 2/21/2014 6:36:40 AM
Chetyre posted...
TC, no matter what you buy there will always be an audiophile who says it is trash

Mostly true but . . .

TC, no matter what you buy there will always be someone who thinks they're an audiophile who says it is trash.

*fixed*
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot