This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just got a pair of turtle beach earforce 12's, recommend me a game to test them

#31frenzzzy07Posted 2/23/2014 9:26:02 PM
L4D 1&2
Just Cause 2
GTA IV
Dirt Series & Grid
Company of Heroes
Most modern shooters
---
Member of the stop complaining about everything in the game that can kill you just because you suck Club.
#32NGd72Posted 2/23/2014 9:29:40 PM
Mushroom87 posted...
enough arguing about headset on my post, recommend me some games, ive bought the turtles and im sticking with them for better or worse.

GAMES NAOW!

Good.

All these people think that others want to blow 200 + on a headset.

Any game that is a FPS with loud explosions
#33JohnnyKoochPosted 2/23/2014 9:39:38 PM
Mushroom87 posted...
enough arguing about headset on my post, recommend me some games, ive bought the turtles and im sticking with them for better or worse.

GAMES NAOW!

I'm going to say... Battlefield?
Any BF past the second one should do well. I use headphones occasionally and it adds a better immersion factor.
#34daemon_danPosted 2/23/2014 9:58:09 PM(edited)
NGd72 posted...
Mushroom87 posted...

GAMES NAOW!

Good.

I'm sorry, but the guy that agreed with me was much more reasonable. I never said to blow that much on headphones. aak57 is a well known troll/moron. I don't know why you people take him seriously in any capacity.

Edit: PraetorXyn. Sorry I've been awake far too long and my brain transposed it
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#35NGd72Posted 2/23/2014 9:59:57 PM
daemon_dan posted...
NGd72 posted...
Mushroom87 posted...

GAMES NAOW!

Good.

I'm sorry, but the guy that agreed with me was much more reasonable. I never said to blow that much on headphones. aak57 is a well known troll/moron. I don't know why you people take him seriously in any capacity.

Honestly I didnt even read your comment -.-

I read that alot of people were like "OMG RETURN THEM"
#36daemon_danPosted 2/23/2014 10:02:02 PM
NGd72 posted...
daemon_dan posted...
NGd72 posted...
Mushroom87 posted...

GAMES NAOW!

Good.

Honestly I didnt even read your comment -.-

I read that alot of people were like "OMG RETURN THEM"

I was one of those people, but my suggestion was more "get a pair of headphones around the same price, do some research" instead of just throw headphone suggestions at him
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#37Dollarman_2005Posted 2/23/2014 10:27:16 PM
My biggest problem with TBs is the ridiculous hissing that comes with them.

It comes from both the mic and the headphones. It's so bad that when my friend leaves the Skype call the lack of static is so noticeable that I feel infinitely less anxious.
#38Mogu_MoguPosted 2/23/2014 10:53:16 PM
To be fair to the people posting here, I'm not an audiophile or anything like that at all. As long as my headset produces the right sounds and allows me to distinguish between things in my videos and music games I'm happy with it.

My friend swears by Turtlebeach and how good they are because they are developed for gaming. So I tried his three Turtlebeaches a few times at his place. They sound like crap compared to the Steelseries Siberia V2 that I have. And the V2 sounds like crap compared to the Logitech G230 that I have now.

I'm really impressed with the sound quality I'm getting from my G230 and the mic quality as well. This is even before I go into things like how it's a nice 40 dollars in price and is the most comfortable headset I've ever tried behind a pair of Sennheiser's that were around 240 dollars at a friend's place.

If you don't really want to drop anything more than 50 bucks on a headset but want a nice one still, I highly recommend Logitech G230. They sound really nice to me, they're comfortable as hell, and the mic quality is great, all for that cheap-ish price.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#39Damaged7Posted 2/25/2014 4:54:14 PM
I bought the X12's and was quite impressed with them. I'm not sure how good my regular headphones are but the X12 put them to shame and I thought they were good.

I'm sure that I could probably be getting better sound but for what they do, they are pretty good. I don't need perfect sound.

That being said.... I took the X12's back and got XLA because i thought spending $60 on them wasn't so smart and got something cheaper. I would totally keep them but I shouldn't have spend any money at all let alone $60.
---
Bold Text
#40DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/25/2014 5:07:49 PM(edited)
fatboy44 posted...
A good entry level set of cans would be the Audio Technica ATH-M50s. Decent clarity and good response across the spectrum. They are advertised as flat-response studio monitoring headphones, however I find them not so flat, especially in the very pronounced bass frequencies.

And technical analysis agrees. ATH-M50 are quite bassy for Audio Technica, monitors, and especially both.

http://www.headphone.com/buildAGraph.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2941
M50
http://www.headphone.com/buildAGraph.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2631
A700
http://www.headphone.com/buildAGraph.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=123
W5000
http://www.headphone.com/buildAGraph.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=3231
Audeze LCD-2

M50s are very much listening cans rather than monitors.
Not that that's a bad thing. And for that matter, you don't need to spend $200 to get better cans than crappy overpriced "gaming" headsets provide. Even a cheap set of decent open-back cans and a mic can far outperform those, and cost less.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79