This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is gone home worth 19.99?

#31snesmaster40Posted 2/22/2014 7:05:57 AM
If you look at the Steam store page and see the user reviews, you'll notice the top 3 reviews don't recommend the "game".

If you want it, just wait for a future indie bundle.
---
Are we not men?
#32Ch3wyPosted 2/22/2014 7:11:02 AM
All of the people complaining that it's not much of a game and just an interactive story, who cares? People are allowed to like interactive stories.

That being said, the story being told by this game is terrible.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#33ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/22/2014 7:41:01 AM
Ch3wy posted...
All of the people complaining that it's not much of a game and just an interactive story, who cares? People are allowed to like interactive stories.

It's a failure of an interactive story.

Go play an adventure game like Monkey Island and don't waste your time.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6183/
#34jfloydLunarPosted 2/22/2014 8:40:12 AM
mjc0961 posted...
jfloydLunar posted...
It's good, but on sale is a better price.

Everyone should at least try it, it's one of those types of games.

Everyone should at least try it... By watching it on YouTube as you can get the full experience from doing so (and then realize how glad you are you didn't waste your money). It's one of those types of games.

The same thing could be said for every game then.

Gone Home and The Stanley Parable are two pretty solid games. I'd say To The Moon as well.

GOTY? No. Worth $20? Maybe not, but I can see why it is that much, it'll go down in price eventually.

I don't see why people hate Gone Home so much, and if you hate it, good for you, you are so original.

I don't even like the type of genre it is in, Gone Home, TSP, and To The Moon are the exceptions.
---
Who wants to play... Video games??
#35ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/22/2014 9:05:48 AM
jfloydLunar posted...
I don't see why people hate Gone Home so much

It's less than an hour long. It has no gameplay other than picking up and reading notes. It's a failure of a narrative game. The writing even sucks. It's an edgy teen trash pickup simulator.

And if it didn't have lesbians, people would be all over it because of the statutory rape in the game, and the fact that it would promote running away with an older guy.
#36jfloydLunarPosted 2/22/2014 9:36:24 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
jfloydLunar posted...

It's less than an hour long. It has no gameplay other than picking up and reading notes. It's a failure of a narrative game. The writing even sucks. It's an edgy teen trash pickup simulator.

And if it didn't have lesbians, people would be all over it because of the statutory rape in the game, and the fact that it would promote running away with an older guy.

Took me more than an hour to play.

It was a good attempt, honestly not as good as The Stanley Parable.

That last part is not fair, because it does, you can't say if it didn't this is how people would act.

That's like saying if Call of Duty didn't have guns people would be all over because of the running around and that it promotes running around teabagging people.
---
Who wants to play... Video games??
#37phy2jshPosted 2/22/2014 9:51:28 AM
Ch3wy posted...

That being said, the story being told by this game is terrible.

This. It's an interesting concept, with good execution. But, its story is manipulative and, ultimately, shallow and dull.

I'd like to see more similar 'games', but with better stories.
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#38snesmaster40Posted 2/22/2014 10:13:35 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
jfloydLunar posted...

I agree completely. The fact that it won GOTY has caused much more annoynce and hate for this game.
---
Are we not men?