This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My comp blue-screened trying to update the MotionInJoy driver to use Better DS3.

#1LyokoNinjaPosted 2/22/2014 6:09:36 PM
I'm not worried about any data being lost or anything like that. I've had a few before on other computers and while they've been jarring, they've always been because of a specific issue I could replicate - in other words, all bark and no bite, though I'm sure I'm not using that completely correctly.

I'm using a solid state drive to boot Windows and a standard hard drive to store everything else, so I'm trying to keep it free of clutter. I found a file called MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows, and I was wondering if it's safe to delete it outright to save my SSD a gig of space. Considering it was last modified at 7:59 PM, and it's currently 8:09 PM as I type this, I'm certain it's the file my computer dumped from memory.

tl;dr version: Is it safe to delete the MEMORY.DMP file in C:\Windows after a BSOD? Trying to save space on my SSD.
---
You mean you didn't sacrifice your 4 star Bulbasaur with 16
level up counters in order to Special Summon a 6 star Ivysaur?
- wind64a
#2sonic_man00Posted 2/22/2014 6:10:43 PM
Screw that. Use this.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#3AnatomyHorrorPosted 2/22/2014 6:16:39 PM
Only time my PC has ever blue screened is when running Motionjoy. I second what sonic_man said. Use a wrapper and never have to run another program to get your DS3 working again. Your DS3 will act exactly like a 360 controller, no need to run any programs before or after plugging it in.
#4LyokoNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 6:20:59 PM
I found that months, but I could never get it working. Followed the directions to a t, but no luck. I don't have a bluetooth dongle for my desktop, and I couldn't figure out how to work it through USB.
---
You mean you didn't sacrifice your 4 star Bulbasaur with 16
level up counters in order to Special Summon a 6 star Ivysaur?
- wind64a
#5sonic_man00Posted 2/22/2014 7:05:08 PM
LyokoNinja posted...
I found that months, but I could never get it working. Followed the directions to a t, but no luck. I don't have a bluetooth dongle for my desktop, and I couldn't figure out how to work it through USB.

All i did was hook it up through the charge cable.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#6blax34dmPosted 2/22/2014 7:24:29 PM
I am almost certain motionjoy ruined one of my ps3 controllers, I don't think anyone should use it.
#7monkmithPosted 2/22/2014 7:25:51 PM
blax34dm posted...
I am almost certain motionjoy ruined one of my ps3 controllers, I don't think anyone should use it.

i cant see how that is possible. isn't motionjoy just a program that runs on your pc?
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.