This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I bought Final Fantasy 14 on steam, my impressions

#1VoelgerPosted 2/23/2014 7:15:38 AM
The game does so much subtly better and to me it makes a huge difference.

1. The character movement and ability to jump is snappy and responsive- I love it and it makes running around the world is more enjoyable than other mmo's-

2. I love the final fantasy music and style- it's a new and fun fantasy world

3. I love the single player feel. I actually love the way the story is delivered. It's the first time I am actually reading through quests because it's presented as dialogue and not a box.

4. Controller support is amazing- the crossbar is so well done

Negatives-
1. It is still too MMO- very wowish

---
Fractal 304 node, i5 4670k, gtx 770 2gb, 8gb ddr3 1600, 7200rpm 500gb, 128 samsung SSD, no overclock
#2urtvPosted 2/23/2014 7:23:26 AM
having to load into zones killed it for me
#3nophoriaPosted 2/23/2014 7:28:07 AM
I'm planning on picking this up as well, I'm glad to hear the movement is good - as that's a gripe I have with mmo's, they either control good or they don't. The more I see of the game, the more I think I'll like it. I finally got a 360 controller for PC, and it makes singleplayer games SO much more enjoyable, I'm looking forward to trying it in this.

urtv posted...

I'm not sure what mmo you're comparing it to but in many of them you have to load into zones or instances.
---
Gatcha|PC Master Race
http://tinyurl.com/k4p9tj2
#4SlaynPosted 2/23/2014 7:32:28 AM
nophoria posted...
I'm planning on picking this up as well, I'm glad to hear the movement is good - as that's a gripe I have with mmo's, they either control good or they don't. The more I see of the game, the more I think I'll like it. I finally got a 360 controller for PC, and it makes singleplayer games SO much more enjoyable, I'm looking forward to trying it in this.

urtv posted...

I'm not sure what mmo you're comparing it to but in many of them you have to load into zones or instances.

Have you played the game? Faaaarrr too much loading.

Honestly I feel the game is very generic. And I don't expect a good story from Squaresoft, especially in an MMO, where the bar is already pretty low.
---
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.
#5samurai1900Posted 2/23/2014 7:39:35 AM
It is also worth mentioning that you cannot upload content of Final Fantasy XIV that is gameplay that is missing the music, has the music changed or just the music without any gameplay.

I wonder when Enix became this tight on the matter~
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
#6Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 7:41:55 AM
It does load, but don't kid yourself! There's plenty of huge wide open areas.

I've played rift and the areas in ff are just as big.

But yes you do have to load into huge large cities. I didn't mind, it's a fast load, and it plays well to the ff console style games. Honestly- it felt like I was playing a ff game. Plus the world is very detailed. I liked it.
---
Fractal 304 node, i5 4670k, gtx 770 2gb, 8gb ddr3 1600, 7200rpm 500gb, 128 samsung SSD, no overclock
#7nophoriaPosted 2/23/2014 7:44:22 AM
Slayn posted...
nophoria posted...

urtv posted...

Have you played the game? Faaaarrr too much loading.

Honestly I feel the game is very generic. And I don't expect a good story from Squaresoft, especially in an MMO, where the bar is already pretty low.

Did I say I played it? I've seen the load times from videos, they're short. Can you name 3 MMO's that aren't generic that isn't WoW. Generic is in perception, imo. I can see what the game is going in, I think I'll enjoy it.
---
Gatcha|PC Master Race
http://tinyurl.com/k4p9tj2
#8Justice98405Posted 2/23/2014 7:47:12 AM
"1. It is still too MMO- very wowish"

So you want a MMO that is actually NOT a MMO? LOL.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#9urtvPosted 2/23/2014 7:49:54 AM
nophoria posted...

urtv posted...

1.0 had no loading zones
#10TheNazzaroPosted 2/23/2014 8:01:24 AM
There is no loading in Dofus
---
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro