This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I bought Final Fantasy 14 on steam, my impressions

#21nophoriaPosted 2/23/2014 8:16:15 AM
triple s posted...
I'd get it but I just can't justify paying monthly for a subscription! I know you get a free month, but still!

Do you pay $60 for a new game every month or so? It's all perception, I for one will pay for quality, money is just a way to get what you want. People (not you per se) get turned off by a $15 fee but turn around and blow it on other crap, potentially missing out on a gaming experience that they would have considered priceless.

You stop paying when you don't want to play anymore. Play for 3 months and take a break, that was what - $45 for 3 months of a game you enjoyed tremendously? If you come back to it later, they probably added enough content to justify your monthly fee, they continually add content and polish the game. Realm Reborn just got housing added to it last patch.
---
Gatcha|PC Master Race
http://tinyurl.com/k4p9tj2
#22triple sPosted 2/23/2014 8:19:36 AM
I don't like paying $15 for additional map packs, so I don't really want to pay a subscription for a game where I know I'm not going to dedicate all my time to. I'd pay a full $60 for the game if it had free online play.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#23nophoriaPosted 2/23/2014 8:39:55 AM(edited)
triple s posted...
I don't like paying $15 for additional map packs, so I don't really want to pay a subscription for a game where I know I'm not going to dedicate all my time to. I'd pay a full $60 for the game if it had free online play.

Map packs and free online are two separate things, how long will that free online shooter last you before you get bored? A month, two? Those map packs are there to freshin things up and continue the support, things aren't free to make.

There are free to play mmo's but they end up limiting you and/or suck. You have to pay for quality. If you don't think you'd spend enough time playing it I can see how you wouldn't want to though.

Your mind is already made up, I was just giving my view on it. Just means playing on live servers with thousands of players grouping/questing and everything that comes with that isn't what you value, which is fine.
---
Gatcha|PC Master Race
#24Voelger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 5:14:31 PM
Ok i feel i need to clarify!

My negative about it being too mmo, i meant that it is still action bar focused rather than actual action like a gta, or fps.

My negative s stupid though because i know what it was going in and i am loving it. Most fun with an mmo in forever.

Note- im not a typical mmo player
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.2.0
#25Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 2/23/2014 5:28:03 PM
Voelger posted...
Ok i feel i need to clarify!

My negative about it being too mmo, i meant that it is still action bar focused rather than actual action like a gta, or fps.

My negative s stupid though because i know what it was going in and i am loving it. Most fun with an mmo in forever.

Note- im not a typical mmo player

Good to hear that you're enjoying it. It is very new player friendly all the way up to the end game...There, you dreams will be swiftly shattered. Do yourself a favor and get into a good Free Company. Make friends and enjoy the group content.

At the level cap, there's not much to do outside of group stuff.
---
PSN: Thelastgunstar
3DS FC: 1650-2871-5341 SafarI: Whirlipede, Ariados and Seviper
#26TimePharaohPosted 2/23/2014 10:26:10 PM
nophoria posted...
triple s posted...
I'd get it but I just can't justify paying monthly for a subscription! I know you get a free month, but still!

Do you pay $60 for a new game every month or so? It's all perception, I for one will pay for quality, money is just a way to get what you want. People (not you per se) get turned off by a $15 fee but turn around and blow it on other crap, potentially missing out on a gaming experience that they would have considered priceless.

You stop paying when you don't want to play anymore. Play for 3 months and take a break, that was what - $45 for 3 months of a game you enjoyed tremendously? If you come back to it later, they probably added enough content to justify your monthly fee, they continually add content and polish the game. Realm Reborn just got housing added to it last patch.

ITP: The initial game is free
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#27DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/24/2014 2:31:58 AM
urtv posted...
having to load into zones killed it for me

Blame consoles.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#28-GIN_n_JUICE-Posted 2/24/2014 2:46:00 AM
I dumped about 300 hours into ARR. I loved it. Be warned though, end game, nothing to do outside of farming the same dungeons over and over for tomes to buy gear. Attuning yourself to the coil is easy with a good guild. The game just became too bland for me. It was a great experience though,my friends and I had a blast playing it.
---
i5 4760k, EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked 4GB, ASUS Maximus VI Hero,G.Skill 8GB 1886, NZXT Phantom Red, Seasonic M12II-750
PSN: Live_Laugh_Lag_
#29nophoriaPosted 2/24/2014 3:22:41 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
nophoria posted...
triple s posted...

ITP: The initial game is free

ITP: You get the $15 steam sale. Not even the point that was at hand, the issue was the continued subscription. You keep being cool though.
---
Gatcha|PC Master Race