This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having an interesting issue with my brother's GPU

#1BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 2/23/2014 10:51:03 AM
Well, it's interesting to me, anyways. >_>

I sold my friend my old PC, and since it doesn't have a graphics card, we took my brother's 780 out so we could play BF4 together. Upon installing it, he tried to play BF4 and it told him his PC didn't meet the minimum specifications. Interesting, because upon starting the game with HD4000 graphics, it worked fine. So we tried Magic. Same thing, told him he didn't meet the minimum requirements. Decided to see what happens if we tried something stupid like Solitaire... It told him that it might run slowly.

So I download Speccy and see what the GPU was being detected as, and it says 14MB Standard Nvidia VGA Graphics Adapter. wat

We are running current drivers, btw.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/23/2014 11:24:38 AM
Check the BIOS and make sure the IGP is disabled and it's set to PCIE, not auto, etc

Then remove the drivers completely, use

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html

once all that done, restart, then reinstall, which is the basic steps in trying to fix this, did you do anything yourself or just rush to Gamefaqs to ask this question?
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#3fataliPosted 2/23/2014 11:30:45 AM
Did you forget to change the monitor cable from the integrated output to the actual video card?
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#4BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 11:41:31 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Check the BIOS and make sure the IGP is disabled and it's set to PCIE, not auto, etc

once all that done, restart, then reinstall, which is the basic steps in trying to fix this, did you do anything yourself or just rush to Gamefaqs to ask this question?

We did do Driver Sweeper and re-install. Also disabled IGP.

fatali posted...
Did you forget to change the monitor cable from the integrated output to the actual video card?

Nope. Display pops up on the GPU and everything.
---
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD
#5BogePosted 2/23/2014 12:15:53 PM
I could almost swear I saw that message a long time ago because I didn't plug in the PSU to the GPU. Check that, but I doubt you forgot that part.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/23/2014 12:22:09 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

fatali posted...

I did a google and a couple searches the reason was, gpu = fried

another solution, update Windows
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#7BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 12:26:13 PM
Boge posted...
I could almost swear I saw that message a long time ago because I didn't plug in the PSU to the GPU. Check that, but I doubt you forgot that part.

lol, I just checked to be sure, but yes, it is plugged into the PSU.
---
#8BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 12:26:49 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

fatali posted...

I did a google and a couple searches the reason was, gpu = fried

another solution, update Windows

I'll test it on my PC and see what happens.
---
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/23/2014 12:28:17 PM
Did you check device manager?

Windows installs a generic driver for the video card, maybe try to remove that and then drivesweep, reinstall current whql drivers, or maybe a previous version
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#10BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 12:34:18 PM
It displays as a 780 on my PC, so it works fine there.

I did check device manager, and it shows the 780 on there. I don't see any generic drivers.
---