This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is PC really worth it?

#21AltmadragonPosted 2/24/2014 1:11:53 AM
try zooming in next time before you take the pics.

Spawn_LOLs posted...
TimePharaoh must be the worst poster on the board, so useless.

you added what to this thread?
---
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#22NemerlightPosted 2/24/2014 2:47:28 AM
Why didnt you show Crysis 3 instead? I doubt broken RTS or Pay2Win shooter would convince him.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#23DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/24/2014 3:49:16 AM
TruePowerSeeker posted...
R_Brock posted...
Is PC worth it? If it's what you like, yes. If not, then no.

But this isn't a zero sum game. There isn't a best. There's what you like. I still like SNES games. I don't need to prove that they're better to validate my nostalgia. I just like them. Case closed.

But anything can be a waste of money according to someone else. Granted I'm also a programmer, so it's kinda handy to have my tool in trade around. The wife has a 360, a Wii and WiiU and I've played them a tiny bit. I had to play Gears of War 3 with her. I've played them a little, played some Super Mario U. But would I buy a console? No, for me it would be a waste. Unused furniture. But this is not an indictment of consoles. They're perfectly fine. I'm just not interested in them. It's not strange to me though that someone would feel the opposite about PC's and favor consoles.

it's not that big a deal.

I wish people would give it a rest with the platform pissing matches.

Don't get me wrong there are a bunch of games on PS3 that I still like to go back and play. I also have a ton of PS2 games that have me dusting off the system and hooking it up. I have some extremely old games on my steam account and I play them often.

For old-old consoles I use alternative means of playing them now due to not having space to keep a bunch of old systems laying around.

I just find it funny how something so blatantly wasteful as spending a bunch on a computer can be ignored upon booting up good looking games.

What's wasteful about spending money on the most useful modern electronics device in existence?
If anything, dropping hundreds on a game console, that can only perform a small range of fucntions with any competence is wasteful.
And then there's online subs, software markup, poor software compatibility...
And if you're going to negate the cost of the display, then you have to consider the money invested in the TV elsewhere, such as for watching movies or regular television programming, and the sub cost for that, which is, again, wasted money, seeing as it's only function is passing casual entertainment.
And, hell, PC can do that too...
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#24DmanTeePosted 2/24/2014 4:56:15 AM
Altmadragon posted...
try zooming in next time before you take the pics.

Spawn_LOLs posted...
TimePharaoh must be the worst poster on the board, so useless.

you added what to this thread?

And what did you add?
---
FC 4270-1910-4066
#25Brass_EyePosted 2/24/2014 5:42:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]