This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any specific mechanical keyboards you could recommend?

#11m0986-8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 9:48:42 PM
Ok so what switches should i go for typing and gaming? I heard brown is like in the middle of red and blue switches?
---
3DS FC: 0344-9282-6531
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#12NGd72Posted 2/23/2014 10:04:58 PM
Quickfire w/ Blues
#13DetectivPenguinPosted 2/23/2014 11:26:00 PM
NGd72 posted...
Quickfire w/ Blues

This is what I have and I love it, would recommend.
---
What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?
#14_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 2/24/2014 1:40:52 AM
I think the quickfire rapid is great value. Personally I have a Filco Majestouch 2 with browns. But having used the Quickfire rapid I have to say that the difference in the typing experience is pretty much negligible (despite my Filco being more expensive).

I prefer the Quickfire rapid even to a lot of other more expensive options like the Corsair keyboards for a number or reasons. The thing that stands out most is the stabilizers used for the longer/bigger keys (space,shift backspace etc.). The Quickfire rapid uses Costar stabilizers while a lot of other common recommendations use Cherry stabilizers (Ducky, Corsair). I think the former feel a lot better and this has quite a large effect on the overall feel of the keyboard. Just based on this alone the QFR offers an actually better typing experience for me.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie EC1 Evo White | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#15MaKhaosPosted 2/24/2014 1:58:40 AM
If you really liked blues, I recommend:

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid
CM Storm Quickfire XT
Ducky Zero
Ducky Zero Shine
Duck Shine 3
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#16DinglesteedPosted 2/24/2014 7:18:31 AM
I have a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (tenkeyless) with MX Blues and love it! My desk space is limited so the small form factor is great. My g400s should be at home today when I get home too :D
---
Playing: CoD: Ghosts (PS4), Forza 5 (XB1), Mario 3D World (Wii U), ETS2 (PC)
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#17PraetorXynPosted 2/24/2014 7:47:00 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
I think the quickfire rapid is great value. Personally I have a Filco Majestouch 2 with browns. But having used the Quickfire rapid I have to say that the difference in the typing experience is pretty much negligible (despite my Filco being more expensive).

I prefer the Quickfire rapid even to a lot of other more expensive options like the Corsair keyboards for a number or reasons. The thing that stands out most is the stabilizers used for the longer/bigger keys (space,shift backspace etc.). The Quickfire rapid uses Costar stabilizers while a lot of other common recommendations use Cherry stabilizers (Ducky, Corsair). I think the former feel a lot better and this has quite a large effect on the overall feel of the keyboard. Just based on this alone the QFR offers an actually better typing experience for me.

This.

If you want backlit keys, and you want the absolute best, get a Deck Legend.
-Costar Stabilizers
-Custom keycap printing. Custom dye sublimination/double-shot molding combination that means the lettering will never fade or rub off like every other backlit keyboard
-Comes in USB and PS/2 options. Each model can be switched to the other. When you open the keyboard's back, the cable is USB on one end and PS/2 on the other end. So you can switch the cable, then modify a resistor (you clip it to go from USB to PS/2 and add it back to go from PS/2 to USB if my memory serves)
-Comes in Cherry MX Black and Cherry MX Clear switches. Blacks are stiffer Reds, and Clears are stiffer Browns. Having typed on it, I realized I type hard enough that I bottom out all the time anyway, so browns and reds wouldn't suit me well. I use Blacks myself.
-Individual LED under every single key rather than a handful of LED's and diffusers to spread the light around.
-LED brightness adjustable from levels 0 to 7, 0 being completely off, and 7 being the brightest
-Great build quality. TG3 electronics, Deck's parents company, uses the chassis for keyboards in police cars, so this thing is built to take a beating and last. The whole keyboard weighs about 4 lbs.
-AutoHotkey can be used for media keys and macros, making them unnecessary
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#18Darth_KamcioPosted 2/24/2014 7:47:58 AM
I got a Razer Blackwidow (I think the cheapest version).

It's very sturdy, I managed to spill some water on it and it acted funky for like 5 minutes (after drying it) and now I'm using it to write here ;)
I only had issue with some part of the shift key (stabilizer? not sure about the name) but taking it out solved the problem.

It looks neat, feels great to type and play on.
---
I love dragons!
3DS FC: 3625-8721-3670; pokemon name: Kamil
#19ish0turfac3Posted 2/24/2014 8:08:09 AM
Black widow ultimate.r
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
Playstation ID: ueffingsrs (Feel free to add me on either of these)
#20Born LuckyPosted 2/24/2014 8:31:16 AM
Who used to make all those mechanical keyboard topics.?

I haven't seen him in a long time.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot