This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I use my back up game files on Steam? I deleted original but I have back

#1GSWarriors-Posted 2/24/2014 4:08:15 AM
up in the same folder as original files in the Steam games folder. I installed ice enhancer on GTA4 but for some reason the graphic options were locked in game. I used nvidia's optimal settings but then when I entered the game again it did the same thing, had horrible graphics settings. I got 8 gig ram, 770 4 gig and 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5-2500K. Then I deleted the game through Steam then went to the folder and deleted remaining files which was like 30mb I don't remember. I have the back up files there with all the other steam games but when I click on install in steam, shouldn't it detect the gta4 files and I wouldn't have to download the whole game again?
#2GSWarriors-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 12:13:26 AM
bump
#3GSWarriors-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 12:33:32 AM
come on bros plz helpme! i dont want to redownload it again on my slow connection
#4TimePharaohPosted 2/25/2014 12:42:50 AM
Did you try asking it nicely
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#5Arya1Posted 2/25/2014 3:18:52 AM
There is "Backup and Restore Games" option at Steam menu in the main Library window,
#6GSWarriors-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 3:20:43 AM
Arya1 posted...
There is "Backup and Restore Games" option at Steam menu in the main Library window,

I just copy and pasted it before knowing this feature
#7ThatOneGuysHairPosted 2/25/2014 3:27:19 AM
GSWarriors- posted...

I just copy and pasted it before knowing this feature

try copying your backup files into the SteamApps folder where GTA4 is supposed to be installed. then, in your steam library, right click the game and go to properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache.

this may or may not work.
#8YoungAdultLinkPosted 2/25/2014 3:31:48 AM
Tell it to download the game again. It'll look at what's there and should only have to redownload a few things.
---
Film title: Auschwitz
Director: Uwe Boll