This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

best tablet/mini notebook ???

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. best tablet/mini notebook ???
2 years ago#1
own a gaming laptop, so i want something i can use for on the go to bring with my 4tb external hard drive. to watch movies, songs etc.

do i really neeed something strong? alotta people just thinking of just an ipad but you never hurts to see what other people think or recommend, tanks guys
my gg skins,Victoriouse J4,Janna,elise,King Rammus,Ufo Corki,Pax TF,black Alistar,Urfwick,Judgement Kayle
2 years ago#2
Surface Pro 2
~-> este914 <-~
Mind Over Matter.
2 years ago#3
Agreed on the Surface Pro 2 if pricing is not an issue. I have a gaming desktop, laptop and surface pro 2, and I mainly just use the desktop and tablet. If i am going on a business trip for a week and want to play more demanding titles, maybe i'll bring the laptop (~13lbs).

It is also pretty nice to steam stream games on to the tablet using either the blue tooth key and mouse set or a controller.
2 years ago#4
If you don't want to spend $1,000, you could always go with the Asus Transformer for $450.

It acts as a tablet but also docks onto a keyboard.
i5-3570k | Gigabyte Z77 UDH5 | evga GTX 680 SC | 8 gb RAM | 2TB HDD | HAF 932
2 years ago#5
If all you want to do with the tablet is movies and music from your hard drive, a surface rt will do that just fine.
Mystery is the source of all true science.
2 years ago#6
How do you plan to power the external HD? I ask this because:

1. If it requires an external power source, then you're better off getting a laptop or hybrid that can take a SATA drive and move files to the internal drive beforehand--compared to trying to bring the HD and an external power source with you (unless you really really need everything with you at once; there are no 4 TB configurations that fit into portable laptop models).

2. If it is USB powered, then you will need full powered USB ports. This means a laptop, a tablet with a full dock, or a transforming model like the Yoga 2 11.
3DS FC: 1246-9917-4900 | Pokemon X: IGN: Jing | Safari: Ground: Phanpy, Camerupt, Diggersby
NNID: StareRoe | PSN: Raftina
2 years ago#7
wait for the new asus android/windows hybrid
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. best tablet/mini notebook ???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived