This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thief gets a 6.8/10

#231Logical_OnePosted 2/28/2014 12:32:33 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Logical_One posted...
calcycle posted...
I would like to test out the game, but it keeps crashing on startup.

Blessing in disguise? Probably not since I still paid for it.

It kind of is. I beat it and IMMEDIATELY uninstalled. The last 2 chapters were torture (especially considering how creepy and interesting chapter 5 was). All I have to say is:

There was a boss fight and it was just laughable (technically 2 if you count running from cover to cover while avoiding a bursting woman and picking up shards a boss fight). Think Human Revolution bad boss fights, except the whole game was nowhere near the quality of DE: HR.

It started out OK but then the whole game went off track--terrible story, horrible voice-acting and sound quality, inconsistent platforming, brain-dead AI and a pathetic map layout.

Lastly, more than 60% of the game was not even about being a Thief. Chapters 4-8 (inclusively) were not about being a Thief but rather rescuing a girl; you could steal as a byproduct of being around loot and not because it was the point of the mission.

Meh.

I guess don't regret buying it for only $25 (closer to $10 or $15 would have been better) but I will most definitely never play it again.
---

Chapter 5 was great. I am on 6 now I hope it will not be that bad

Nothing ever matches or surpasses Chapter 5. It's not even debatable--there is nothing remotely interesting about 6, 7 and 8 IMO.
---
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun
#232steveboblarryPosted 2/28/2014 3:12:52 PM(edited)
Logical_One posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Logical_One posted...
calcycle posted...
I would like to test out the game, but it keeps crashing on startup.

Blessing in disguise? Probably not since I still paid for it.

It kind of is. I beat it and IMMEDIATELY uninstalled. The last 2 chapters were torture (especially considering how creepy and interesting chapter 5 was). All I have to say is:

There was a boss fight and it was just laughable (technically 2 if you count running from cover to cover while avoiding a bursting woman and picking up shards a boss fight). Think Human Revolution bad boss fights, except the whole game was nowhere near the quality of DE: HR.

It started out OK but then the whole game went off track--terrible story, horrible voice-acting and sound quality, inconsistent platforming, brain-dead AI and a pathetic map layout.

Lastly, more than 60% of the game was not even about being a Thief. Chapters 4-8 (inclusively) were not about being a Thief but rather rescuing a girl; you could steal as a byproduct of being around loot and not because it was the point of the mission.

Meh.

I guess don't regret buying it for only $25 (closer to $10 or $15 would have been better) but I will most definitely never play it again.
---

Chapter 5 was great. I am on 6 now I hope it will not be that bad

Nothing ever matches or surpasses Chapter 5. It's not even debatable--there is nothing remotely interesting about 6, 7 and 8 IMO.
---

I agree. Chapter 5 had that Outlast vibe going on
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#233Spidey555(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 5:55:12 PM
They need to make a horror stealth game.
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555