This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys play the most graphically demanding games a majority of the time?

#11GwendalPosted 2/24/2014 2:53:56 PM(edited)
TreGooda posted...
Are graphical differences your main motivation for gaming on PC?

Discuss.

I'd be lying if I said no. It's not the only thing, of course, but it's definitely up there along with framerate, shorter loading times and convenience (having every game in one place, not having to deal with discs or clunky console storefronts, etc). I guess KB/M could be nice, but I mostly prefer playing on my TV and don't play many shooters anyway.

And in my opinion, the whole anti-graphics thing gets a bit out of hand sometimes. Of course it'd be silly to dismiss a good game due to bad graphics, but at the same time, I do think graphics are an important part of the video game medium and should be seen as a legitimate thing to ask for along with good gameplay.

For example, I'm replaying The Last of Us now, and while I'm enjoying it well enough on the PS3, IMO it'd be a much better game with 60 FPS and without the ridiculous aliasing everywhere. Still, if you really, honestly don't have any problem whatsoever with sub-1080p resolutions and 30 FPS, I personally don't see any reason not to save a bunch of money and just get a console instead of a PC when it'll serve you just as well.

As for demanding games, I don't really play the absolutely most demanding ones such as Crysis or Metro, but I like playing some AAA titles from time to time.
---
Currently playing:
DKC Tropical Freeze (Wii U), The Last of US (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP)