This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 780ti SLI worth it?

#1Ruzz9Posted 2/24/2014 4:37:51 PM
I'll eventually get a 1440p or gsync monitor when they come out. Would SLI-ing my card be worth it in your guys opinion?
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz
#2steveboblarryPosted 2/24/2014 4:39:05 PM
If you have the money sure why not, go wild
IceJFish is the next drake
#3snkboiPosted 2/24/2014 4:39:20 PM
800 series is releasing end of summer
780ti was a good buy when a few months ago but at this point spending that much you might as well wait
i think it's nice
#4farigontiPosted 2/24/2014 4:44:28 PM
---- yeah it is.
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#5Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 4:54:01 PM
I don't need the card ASAP but waiting a bit then buying a 2nd is what you're suggesting?

Also wait for gsync? Or get me a 120hz monitor to hold me over? (I have an ips and would love to try 120hz but crap colors scare me for game immersion)
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz
#6Flaktrooper123Posted 2/24/2014 4:59:33 PM
I am thinking of that too. I don't think I buy 880 just because my 780 is still quite new. I am going to buy a second one once the price go down further, and I am also waiting for the new Asus 1440p monitor.
#7SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/24/2014 5:00:46 PM
Nah, Id doubt youll getl ike $800-$900 use out of them. Youll use em for a year and want to upgrade to a Maxwell.
#8AltmadragonPosted 2/24/2014 5:23:21 PM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
Nah, Id doubt youll getl ike $800-$900 use out of them. Youll use em for a year and want to upgrade to a Maxwell.

You got anything to back that up? Seeing tho 780ti is the top of the food chain atm I don't see any reason for some with them to jumpship to maxwell top card. For like 4-8fps?
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|
#9Ruzz9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 5:27:58 PM
I already got a 780ti getting a 8 series would just be detrimental to SLI"ing. But does make sense for pricedrop. Now to decide on a monitor still :/
Steam/XBL/PSN: RichRuzz
#10Flaktrooper123Posted 2/24/2014 5:31:04 PM
I suppose too early to swap out card to Maxwell, and my 780 is the Lightning. At least the price is starting to drop a little here. I would at least wait for Volta to upgrade.