This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well Bitcoins finally crashed.

#1ATARIJAWAPosted 2/24/2014 7:44:05 PM
Who would have seen that coming? Sorry to all the people on here we told not to get into it because they were a year or two too late. They didn't want to listen though. They knew better.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#2DarthAragornPosted 2/24/2014 7:49:21 PM
Well if it means AMD card prices won't be ridiculously overpriced anymore then goddamn about time
---
Posted with GameRaven 1.2.0
#3WyzeGyePosted 2/24/2014 7:49:42 PM
Worth 50x more than they were this time last year.... yeah crashed alright.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#4KillerzOverHerePosted 2/24/2014 7:51:15 PM(edited)
They went down about 200 dollars....still worth a **** ton though. I would say they're unstable, but still fine. AMD cards are most definitely not going down in price.
---
Me: I don't know how to describe myself, so here's Jeff to do it for me.
Jeff: I'm a slave in his basement. Contact the police. Will be killed. Find my body.
#5WyzeGyePosted 2/24/2014 7:53:01 PM
funny how people still think the cost increase is bitcoin's fault.
---
#6ATARIJAWA(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 7:54:37 PM(edited)
WyzeGye posted...

They lost 9/10th of their value since February 1st. Went from $750.00 to 75.00. Not only that but the largest online bitcoin "bank" Mt. Gox shut down and no one who had an account can access their money. Not only did they shut down they deleted all their records We also both know it's only the last couple of months that the masses found out about bitcoins. less than 10% involved in mining were in it a year ago. A year ago I would have told you to get into it. Heck, I did tell people to get in and then get out.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#7ClouddxPosted 2/24/2014 7:55:47 PM
Told my friend to cash out about a month ago, he didn't listen. Sucks to be him.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#8ATARIJAWA(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 7:57:45 PM(edited)
"Today, people with thousands (or even millions) of dollars or yen in real money tied up in Bitcoins can't touch it—there have been huge delays and blackout periods when customers try to remove their funds. Earlier this month, Mt.Gox stopped all withdrawals completely, and this month has seen the value of a single Bitcoin plunge from around $700 to a low of $75.

Mt.Gox's CEO, Mark Karpeles (above) recently quit the Bitcoin Foundation's board of directors, and hasn't tweeted any explanation for anything since January—he's been busy literally trying to avoid his customers on the streets of Tokyo. The company's official Twitter account just deleted its entire history, a sort of social media paper-shredding that can't bode well for anyone."

I can't post the actual link because it has a swear in it. Full story on Valleywag.com. It's a Silicon Valley news site.
---
#9WyzeGyePosted 2/24/2014 7:57:16 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
WyzeGye posted...

They lost 9/10th of their value since February 1st. Went from $750.00 to 75.00. Not only that but the largest online bitcoin "bank" Mt. Gox shut down and no one who had an account can access their money. Not only did they shut down they deleted all their records We also both know it's only the last couple of months that the masses found out about bitcoins. less than 10% involved in mining were in it a year ago. A year ago I would have told you to get into it. Heck, I did tell people to get in and then get out.

i could sell my dozen bitcoins right now for 550 a piece. I dunno where you're getting your numbers from, but you're wrong.

Anybody who's in the know, knows that gox was a scam to begin with. Smart money stayed away from gox.

Get a clue, then come back.
---
#10DiviDudePosted 2/24/2014 7:58:38 PM
I'm sure it'll go way back up again. At which point people will call ATARIJAWA an idiot.

And then it'll crash again, so people like ATARIJAWA will call those people idiots.

Wash, rinse, repeat.