This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Tera worth trying out?

#1Phaser23Posted 2/24/2014 9:48:34 PM
Or is it crap compared to WoW or even Rift which I enjoyed getting to max level in?
#2Games_AnalystPosted 2/24/2014 9:49:45 PM
I'm also interested to hear about this. I always wanted to give Tera a try but kind of gave up on it. Any thumbs up or down would be appreciated.
---
Intel 930i, 770 GTX, 16GB G Skill Ripjaw X, Asus Sabertek, Intel 80gb SSD, WIndows 7 64.
#3OldSorrowPosted 2/24/2014 9:50:12 PM
Blade and Soul 2014
---
If you don't use Throwback Mode for a full week while logged in, you will lose access.
#4Mr_GreenXPosted 2/24/2014 10:00:55 PM
Yes its worth trying out. Its free so what do you have to lose.
#5jedinatPosted 2/24/2014 10:03:46 PM
It's decent enough. Held my interest for about as long as Neverwinter... which isn't all that long I suppose but I've never really been big into MMOs.
#6jake-sfPosted 2/24/2014 10:05:53 PM(edited)
Tera is, in terms of a MMO, quite average.

Tera is exceptional because of its action combat system, which puts pretty much every other MMOs to shame.

It also has artistically pleasing and colorful visuals.

Otherwise, its quite standard, and the quests while leveling are incredibly standard fetch and kill quests, ALL the time.

Yet I liked it a lot, purely because its action combat system is really fun. I'm personally hoping I can get a team of 5 to go through this game and its dungeons -> the dungeons being the most fun part of the game, since they are somewhat skill based and just overall fun to do.

Thats the thing, the game is much more a dungeon-game than a MMO game. The whole MMO aspect is just not very good, but it has some great stuff in it.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#7PhilOnDezPosted 2/24/2014 10:06:28 PM
Mr_GreenX posted...
Yes its worth trying out. Its free so what do you have to lose.

Not only this but you only have to download a gig or two before you can launch the game if you let it install the Happy Cloud streaming installer.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#8MasterthiefPosted 2/24/2014 10:21:04 PM
TERA's gameplay is fun as hell, nothing else like it.
#9clowningPosted 2/24/2014 10:25:26 PM
Tera....horrible theme park questing at its worst. But it has the absolute best combat system I have seen in an MMO.

And it's not pay to win.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#10TheWarhammeronlPosted 2/24/2014 10:28:00 PM
Great visuals

Fun combat.

The only drawback is that the questing is nothing new.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher