This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Tera worth trying out?

#21TheLastOfCrustPosted 2/25/2014 10:06:22 AM
The combat is fun. But the story, quests, and maps are boring as all hell. Very linear and only the big enemies put up much of a fight. It's a beautiful game with a fun fighting system, but that's not enough to hold my interest. Might be worth checking out since it's free though. Nothing to lose but time.
#22SinisterSlayPosted 2/25/2014 10:14:49 AM(edited)
ghostly12 posted...
I liked it, It's pretty fun. I'm not huge on the armor designs though, all of the male armor makes your character look flaming, at least at my level which is around 28. All I can get are extremely small halter tops that barely cover your pecs and nothing else and really tight Capri pants. Female armor isn't much better =/

LOL yeah, you can remodel those.
I do on my characters (male and female) to try and pick slightly more realistic armors as I don't like the bikini fighters and leotards of power

@TC
The combat is pretty decent, not as weighted as Vindictus, but way better than Rift, WoW, etc.
The quests are the most horrible quests you can imagine. Not only are they only fetch quests with 0 variation at all, they are boring fetch quests...
There is 0, I mean 0, quests that aren't fetch quests (I'm level 47 btw). Every single quest is to kill a certain number of monsters in the area and report back, or to the next area. That's it. And you can count them, if you see 5 different monster types, there will be 5 quests at the hub that will have you killing a set number of those monsters. 10 monsters, 10 quests, 2 monsters, 2 quests.
The biggest variation you will find is occasionally you will enter a sort of half way dungeon that will have quest hubs at certain points, and again they will give you quests to kill a certain number of a specific type of monster. But you don't go back, you continue walking forward into the dungeon to the next hub where you turn the quests in and get a new set for the next monsters on the path.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#23TheLastOfCrustPosted 2/25/2014 10:10:37 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
ghostly12 posted...
I liked it, It's pretty fun. I'm not huge on the armor designs though, all of the male armor makes your character look flaming, at least at my level which is around 28. All I can get are extremely small halter tops that barely cover your pecs and nothing else and really tight Capri pants. Female armor isn't much better =/

LOL yeah, you can remodel those.
I do on my characters (male and female) to try and pick slightly more realistic armors as I don't like the bikini fighters and leotards of power

I forgot what they were called but I played those little badger/mouse people. The onesies they wore were great.
#24AnatomyHorrorPosted 2/25/2014 10:14:49 AM
Definitely worth it to kill some time. I put about 30-40 hours into the f2p version. The combat is great, probably the best MMO combat ever.
#25SinisterSlayPosted 2/25/2014 10:17:14 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Definitely worth it to kill some time. I put about 30-40 hours into the f2p version. The combat is great, probably the best MMO combat ever.

Nah, Vindictus combat is way better. Barely an MMO though.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26jake-sfPosted 2/25/2014 10:44:09 AM
Its funny, I loved Tera, I loved the combat, absolutely loved it. Tried Vindictus, thought it was utter trash.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#27Bigj089Posted 2/25/2014 11:05:31 AM
ghostly12 posted...

Would you prefer capri pants or a man thong with thigh high boots?

http://borderhouseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/subligar.jpg

My character looked like that several times while I was playing FFXIV.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#28zhenghanPosted 2/25/2014 11:21:05 AM(edited)
Bad MMO. Worth downloading once to see the loli and play around with the character models. But uninstall it after that.

If you like fetch quests you will like this MMO though. ie Kill x of this monster, report back, repeat N times.
---
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish