This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gtx 780 ti sli poor performance

#31XxDANGMIESTAxX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 3:22:53 PM
QuestofChosen posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...
XxDANGMIESTAxX posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...
Overclock your CPU like all the other benchmark sites.

My psu is a hx750, so its at its limit already.

Sounds like you went balls out on your graphics card setup and gimped your system in almost every other area. I can almost guarantee you that the poor performance has almost nothing to do with your SLI 780 TIs.

I'm going to take a guess and say he listened to the people that say i5 is all you need for gaming and didn't do any research.

I am trying to find an answer to my problem. Is my CPU bottle necking my system? If so, I'll go out and buy a new psu and cooler then overclock the hell out of it. Just want to know for certain if it is since its going to be some work to rewire my case...
---
Gamertag:EckoGRY/ps3 network ID:EckoGRY
wii code:1827 3417 6539 8285
#32Nazgl5LordofNazPosted 2/25/2014 3:31:13 PM
Your CPU would be great for a mid-ranged system, but at the very least you really do need to overclock to get top performance. The 780Ti's are really not going to work to their full potential when you're cutting off the CPU at 3.4GHz, especially since you can successfully crank it up to 4.5GHz with some effort.

It's a pain in the rear end, but if you've been willing to spend so much on increasing your performance with over a thousand dollars in GPUs, I don't see much reason not to crank your CPU up as well.
---
*waits until someone says something funny to quote*
#33ClouddxPosted 2/25/2014 3:36:04 PM(edited)
XxDANGMIESTAxX posted...
QuestofChosen posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...
XxDANGMIESTAxX posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...
Overclock your CPU like all the other benchmark sites.

My psu is a hx750, so its at its limit already.

Sounds like you went balls out on your graphics card setup and gimped your system in almost every other area. I can almost guarantee you that the poor performance has almost nothing to do with your SLI 780 TIs.

I'm going to take a guess and say he listened to the people that say i5 is all you need for gaming and didn't do any research.

I am trying to find an answer to my problem. Is my CPU bottle necking my system? If so, I'll go out and buy a new psu and cooler then overclock the hell out of it. Just want to know for certain if it is since its going to be some work to rewire my case...

750w is fine, you can overclock your processor no problem with that. Don't listen to the people that overstate PSU requirements.

Your FPS are definitely on target for your system, overclocking your CPU will give you better results, but as I said don't just run one game and base it off that. Try out multiple games, or better yet something like 3Dmark.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S